Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
People who rent out their apartments for pesach...

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 2:13 pm
How do you leave the apartment? Cleaned for pesach but not changed over? Provide pots and pans for pesach or not?

I have lots on this year around pesach time and want to know if it wold be worth it, effort-wise, to rent out.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 2:21 pm
If you market it as a pesach appt you can charge more for it if you dont you charge less for it I would think

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 2:34 pm
Thanks for your reply. That makes sense. And if it's not clean for pesach, what are people meant to do? Come early and clean it themselves?

babysmum

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 2:38 pm
I had left it cleaned for pesach but not changed over. the people who came to me had ordered in food and used plastic so all they needed to do when they came was cover the counters.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:15 pm
From my experience you do not need to 'turn over' the kitchen or provide pans, but you should clean the apartment for Pesach. Make sure that this is clearly written on your contract to avoid future disagreements.

If you live in the right area, renting your apartment for Chag can cover airline ticket costs. That's what made it worth it for me.

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:31 pm
You don't have to change it over, but you get more $$$ if you do plus it will probably be easier to find renters.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 10:08 pm
Hi. Bumping this up since we are starting to think about Pesach. We prefer not making Pesach this year for many reasons and are thinking about renting a place in NY or NJ area. We need a place for half of Pesach. Where do people rent places for Pesach? Do they rent in any frum neighborhoods? Do they rent to people with kids? Where is a nice place to rent? Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:07 pm
I work for a company that helps people rent out their apartments (if they want to), not in the U.S. We always (year round) separate the cleaning fee from the rental fee. For Pesach rentals, the rental fee is higher and guests have the option of Pesach cleaning or regular cleaning. Pesach cleaning is more expensive because it's more intensive and includes kashering (to OU standards). In the same vein, Succot is a more expensive rental fee, but the cleaning is the same. There is a separate succah fee for people who want a succah already up and ready for them on arrival. Some are happy to do it themselves and save the money, some factor in the extra costs as part of the price of the vacation.

(Anonymous because I don't know if my boss wants his pricing structure all over the internet and because I don't want to be accused of advertising our service.)

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 12:06 am
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Hi. Bumping this up since we are starting to think about Pesach. We prefer not making Pesach this year for many reasons and are thinking about renting a place in NY or NJ area. We need a place for half of Pesach. Where do people rent places for Pesach? Do they rent in any frum neighborhoods? Do they rent to people with kids? Where is a nice place to rent? Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

You should be better putting this in a different forum. This is EY inquiries.

They rent in Monsey. It is by word of mouth and in frum publications. How many kids? Which days?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 6:53 am
Thank you so much for your information. We have five kids including one baby knH. We are interested in renting an apartment for Shabbos Chol Hamoed and the last days of Pesach. What is the going price for apartment rentals?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:03 am
Honestly, it's pretty rare for people in the US to rent out their houses for Pesach. I know it's frequent in Israel where you have lots of people going away for Yom Tov, and lots of chutznikim coming to visit, but here in the US, people coming for Yom Tov normally go to their parents and don't rent out a stranger's house, so there's not much of a market for it.

I imagine if somebody was renting out their house for Pesach, it would be because they really need the money, in which case they're going to want somebody to take it for the entire Yom Tov, not just the last half. Maybe have somebody hang up a sign in shuls in the area you're looking in, or take out a classified ad in a local circular, and post on luach.com for that city.

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:30 am
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Thank you so much for your information. We have five kids including one baby knH. We are interested in renting an apartment for Shabbos Chol Hamoed and the last days of Pesach. What is the going price for apartment rentals?

I don't know prices, but they definitely rent in frum neighborhoods. I know someone who rents a two bedroom for $1000 for Pesach. You can try Community Connections.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions