Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Gourmet Glatt Lakewood
1  2  3  4  5  Next

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:33 pm
So what do you think of new store
Dh went there for the grand opening at 2 and was very disappointed

It's NO breadberry
Its NO pomegranate

Farmfresh is nicer

sky

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:36 pm
Hopefully their prices will be less then breadberry, pomegranate, and farmfresh. that is what would get me excited.

Are they doing fax\e-mail deliveries?

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:38 pm
sky wrote:
Hopefully their prices will be less then breadberry, pomegranate, and farmfresh. that is what would get me excited.

Yes! I just went to Farm Fresh for the first time in a long time and had total sticker shock. That place is EXPENSIVE (and not all that fabulous either, I sincerely hope that Gourmet Glatt is much better than that).

To answer the OP, I didn't go yet but would like to check it out this week.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:47 pm
I'm still suffering from PTSD following Shoprite's departure (No Kosher Experience! I miss it!)

I've been shopping in NPGS ever since, and unless their prices are awesome, I'll just stay there. I make occasional trips to Walmart or the other Shoprites for non-food items as well as pasta.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:51 pm
Chayalle, unless you go gaga for sushi bars ( excuse me, Sushi studio) or exotic looking fish, noi need to change your shopping habits

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:05 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Chayalle, unless you go gaga for sushi bars ( excuse me, Sushi studio) or exotic looking fish, noi need to change your shopping habits

Dlux has good sushi....buy 1 get 1 1/2 off at lunchtime...that's good enough for me.

Thanks

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:06 pm
so your saying that its just as expensive as all other stores here in lakewood?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:11 pm
Pretty much.. There are some specials on cheese and produce, nothing spectacular

sky

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:48 pm
mommyla wrote:
Yes! I just went to Farm Fresh for the first time in a long time and had total sticker shock. That place is EXPENSIVE (and not all that fabulous either, I sincerely hope that Gourmet Glatt is much better than that).

To answer the OP, I didn't go yet but would like to check it out this week.

I've actually been doing my weekly delivery from Farm Fresh now. I do a big order every so often from NPGS for the really expensive items.

Check out Watsonsale.com. FarmFresh posts sales on Wendsday (about 12:00). They really do have amazing weekly sales. I love their specials on chicken, meat, salmon, fruit and vegetables. It isn't every week. But I stock up for when it is not. When they do have their sales it is very worth it. Examples: breaded or marinated fresh chicken chicken nuggets - 4.99\lb, fresh salmon - 6.40/lb, Capons 4.99/lb, cubed, skinned salmon - 4.99\lb). I build a lot of my suppers around their specials. Both NPGS and Farm Fresh had the same quinoa on sale this week, farm fresh was still $1 less. It is very worth it to shop their sales

penguin

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:52 pm
Salmon for Less if 5.99 if you order 2 pkgs on Sunday for delivery Tue-Fri.

sky

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:56 pm
penguin wrote:
Salmon for Less if 5.99 if you order 2 pkgs on Sunday for delivery Tue-Fri.

I know but I didn't like the lack of control over how much I got - approx 2 lb increments. I ordered a few times when I needed a lot. But normally it doesn't work for me. (plus I'm not so organized to make my order on Sunday). But it is a great price if it works. (I also found the price rarely ended up being what I expected based on the ad so I gave up)

Did they change so you can specify how much you need?

monkey

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 5:04 pm
I heard from someone who was there today that they have some good and worthwhile specials.

also, I think the good part of Gourmet glatt is that they'll have a nice variety of food items.

I shop in NPGS often but the downside is that they don't carry a lot of brands. Some of the other neighborhood stores do but they are expensive.

L K

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 5:05 pm
Sky, can you stock up on sale items from farm fresh and have them delivered? Do they have a limit then?

Also how do you place an order with them if you can't see the prices on other items?

sky

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 5:26 pm
They sometimes have a limit. Like 3 - 4 lb limit on very good sales, but there are not always limits.
The breaded chicken nuggets are very good and go on sale about once a month so I buy about 4 lbs whenever it on sale. Same with lemon pepper chicken cutlets, cleaned chicken cutlets and marinated chicken cutlets.

They also have milchig\pareve supper ideas for Thursday night often. Recently they had frozen pizza for like $7\box, pizza bagels, potato knishes, french fries, fresh tilapia and other sale items.

I really find supper time their sales help me a lot.

They always have excellent prices on Pride of the Farm milk (2.69) (I think the cheapest in town since NPGS stopped carrying it), rye bread, bananas and 5 lb packages of KJ chicken cutlets (3.79\lb).

You have to do a $50 minimum order with $10 non-sale items to get free delivery and the sale prices.

I do end up ordering non sale items but I think I still come out ahead. and their pricing is similar to other stores that do deliveries from e-mail. Some things I've learned not to order (like English Cucumber is double price of NPGS, eggs are also much more then NPGS).

I end up doing my basic order there every week.

L K

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 5:33 pm
Sky, basically I'd have to go in once to figure out which items not to order, like cucumbers and eggs that you mentioned?

sky

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 6:19 pm
I guess so. If you normally only shop at NPGS and this is your first time doing a shopping trip at a store that does deliveries you will get sticker shock.
I started doing deliveries a while ago and have tried a few stores and find their prices to be similar to the other stores (besides NPGS)

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 7:58 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'm still suffering from PTSD following Shoprite's departure (No Kosher Experience! I miss it!)

I've been shopping in NPGS ever since, and unless their prices are awesome, I'll just stay there. I make occasional trips to Walmart or the other Shoprites for non-food items as well as pasta.

Me too. I buy all of my baking ingredients, pasta, cereal, and canned goods at ShopRite or Target. Love the new ShopRite but it's pretty far out - the Brick ShopRite is closer to me but I don't like going there unless absolutely necessary. I get kosher/chalav Yisrael food (yogurt, cheese, milk, chicken/meat) at NPGS (Epstein's for some meat and chicken for when I'm lazy and don't feel like cleaning the feathery NPGS chickens).

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 8:08 pm
I'm hoping that Gourmet Glatt will have nice produce at decent prices. I find the NPGS produce to be very substandard and buy elsewhere, but it's annoying. If anyone goes, please report back!

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:35 pm
I'm also wondering about the quality and prices of their produce. Everything else I'm happy with at npgs.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:54 pm
groisamomma wrote:
I'm also wondering about the quality and prices of their produce. Everything else I'm happy with at npgs.

The produce and the lack of Pride of the Farm milk. My kids won't drink anything else and I don't always have the time to go to another grocery store.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics