Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Gourmet Glatt Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

balibusta

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:20 pm
I'm surprised no1 mentioned jerusalem glatt's great meat!!

rise above

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:26 pm
Well that's a given. Hands down best, freshest meat in Lakewood. But the topic here was best prices 😀

Simple1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:31 pm
rise above wrote:
Well that's a given. Hands down best, freshest meat in Lakewood. But the topic here was best prices 😀

I found their prices on their meats to be pretty decent. (Not necessarily so for their groceries).

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:44 pm
jerusalem doesnt have my hechsher. so I dont go there. but I dont need a store that has exotic items. npgs is just enough for me. I just would like better service iwth cashiers and delivery on all of their stores.

Simple1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:47 pm
sourstix wrote:
jerusalem doesnt have my hechsher. so I dont go there. but I dont need a store that has exotic items. npgs is just enough for me. I just would like better service iwth cashiers and delivery on all of their stores.

Interesting, because for many Sefardim, the hechsher is preferable because of Bait Yosef.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:48 pm
coming originally from brooklyn the meat and chicken is way more expensive then krm. its taking me time to get used toit.

even on chol hamoed I was trying to find fresh ground meat for stuffed cabbage and I couldnt find. most stores were closed. that doesnt happen in brooklyn. oh the conveniences from there was a pleasure.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:49 pm
please dont take it as a negativity. brooklyn has their negatives and issues. its the shopping I am finding I need to adjust.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:00 pm
I'm sure the Brooklyn meat stores would deliver to you if you place a large order
Which hechsher are you looking for

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:05 pm
anything chasidish, KCL.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:06 pm
but if I am doing a delivery they probably wont give me a good price like they do in brooklyn. I do know of a few places but they are expensive for that I can buy local.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:09 pm
I reallly wonder if I can get minute steak for like 6.99 a lb. like I used to get in krm. here? and I used to get before yomtov it was a dream. and it was the hechshers I eat. oh what krm would do noone does. I wont focus on that. I realize that its different. thats ok.

Estee2

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:28 pm
sourstix wrote:
I reallly wonder if I can get minute steak for like 6.99 a lb. like I used to get in krm. here? and I used to get before yomtov it was a dream. and it was the hechshers I eat. oh what krm would do noone does. I wont focus on that. I realize that its different. thats ok.

yes, KRM meat is the best. The delmonico/club roasts and steaks go on sale for $8.99/lb.

It looks like Gourmet Glatt has the Natural and Kosher cheese line cheaper than anywhere else. They have the 2lb shredded mozzarella for under $12 and their Natural Kosher mozzarella deli slices for $6.89. I heard that the sushi is very good, too.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:29 pm
There is an order form of meat that you can get meat delivered at a very good price. I never used because I don't have a big family
I don't remember the name.

Do you ever go to Epstein's on Monmouth

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:40 pm
One of my main concerns when I shop somewhere is that the shelves should have accurate prices for every item. Farm Fresh and Kosherwest both do not and it's extremely annoying to get to the counter and find out the price is different than the shelf.

With all its drawbacks, I see myself staying at npgs because of this and their James street delivery service.

Simple1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:54 pm
sourstix wrote:
anything chasidish, KCL.

I heard that Jerusalem Glatt is under KCL - please verify this in person - and if it applies to the whole store. I do think I remember hearing that the meats are under the hechsher.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:55 pm
Kosherwest has the cheapest price per pound in chicken

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:58 pm
yes I have gone but I dont want to go to different places for diff things. I know I am in the car already but I am exhausted by the time I am done shoping for food. epstein is expensive for me. and for that matter the prices here in lakewood are a lot for me.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:01 pm
thx simple1. I will verify and let you know

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:05 pm
Estee2 wrote:
yes, KRM meat is the best. The delmonico/club roasts and steaks go on sale for $8.99/lb.

It looks like Gourmet Glatt has the Natural and Kosher cheese line cheaper than anywhere else. They have the 2lb shredded mozzarella for under $12 and their Natural Kosher mozzarella deli slices for $6.89. I heard that the sushi is very good, too.

Makes sense about the cheese. I am almost sure that one of the partners of GG is a partner in Natural and Kosher .

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:07 pm
oh cheese is not a product in my house. most of us are intolerant. oh well.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics