Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Canker Sore Relief - I'm in agony
1  2  Next

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 3:27 am
Hi People,
I'm suffering from a mouth full of canker sores right now. I'm always in such a bad mood, when they pop up, sometimes as often as twice a month.Banging head
Currently I have about 5-6 in my mouth.....'Help'
Anyone have any ideas? Or sympathy - I would appreciate it!

CPenzias

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 3:33 am
Those hurt like he11. I'm sorry you have them. I have strep and I'm taking off another day. (2 in a row) I still don't feel well. It stinks.
Have you tried anbisol? It's supposed to numb. Maybe ask your doctor about the canker sores. It might be a sign of something else. Or he might have an idea of how to avoid getting them in the future.

nnmom

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 3:56 am
I also get them a lot.
People don't believe me when I say it's so painful. The ones I get actively hurt for close to a week.
I have tried KANKA (numbing agent) works temporarily. Salt water rinse, onions directly on. All do something, just not enough!

momx6

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 3:59 am
Please change your title to canKer not canCer!

achayl

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 4:01 am
I empathize .... I just finished one. They are very painful. I take Tylenol when it's bad every 4 hours.
My doctor gave me a prescription for something called Oracort. It's a tiny tube of a past that you put on the sore. (it doesn't hurt at all) If you catch it on the first day it makes it go away, it's a type of steroid. (if it makes it go away I don't care what's in it..)
Personally it's my stress meter, once I've been through something very stressful I get one (or many) a few days later.
Feel better!

toysrus

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 5:01 am
for 3 days following chemo I would mouthwash every hour...it reeaaaaaaaally helped although it was such a pain feeling so ill and dragging myself out of bed to rinse my mouth with mouthwash- try it....

going off the point here, I heard a cute saying ''I wish cancer would get cancer and die Smile'

Keep strong, its a big club that only privileged members are chosen to be part of

bks

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:02 am
http://jezebel.com/5903864/wor.....sores

http://wholelifestylenutrition.....ores/

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:19 am
momx6 wrote:
Please change your title to canKer not canCer!

THanks!!!

tweek

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:25 am
I really sympathize!

I finally found a product that literally made me cry from relief!

It is called canker cover. It acts as a band aid to the sore so that it is not irritated by any friction. At the same time, it delivers healing medication to the sore.

It is a bit expensive, but soooooo worth it!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:47 am
tweek wrote:
I really sympathize!

It is called canker cover. It acts as a band aid to the sore so that it is not irritated by any friction. At the same time, it delivers healing medication to the sore.

This. Most amazing thing ever.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:04 am
tweek wrote:
I really sympathize!

Where do they sell it?
Can you eat with them in your mouth?
I literally have 5 now

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:12 am
bks wrote:
http://jezebel.com/5903864/worth-it-a-seriously-simple-way-to-banish-canker-sores

http://wholelifestylenutrition.....ores/

This sounds so interesting. Do you know where in Israel they would have Alum?

tweek

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:42 am
teawithlemon wrote:
Where do they sell it?
Can you eat with them in your mouth?
I literally have 5 now

I found them in a mainstream drug store. I'm not sure about having 5 in at once, but I was able to eat with it. If not, leave them in overnight. By the morning, the edge was off.

fluffernutter

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 9:35 am
My husband swished Johnny Walker around his mouth and it helps. He gets them all the time! I've used droplets of it on mine.

Refuah Shelaima!!!

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 9:46 am
fluffernutter wrote:
My husband swished Johnny Walker around his mouth and it helps. He gets them all the time! I've used droplets of it on mine.

Refuah Shelaima!!!

Thanks fluffernutter, maybe I should try that!!! I need relief. I actually took two dvils before for a headache and ironically it made the sores feel better.... Now it's starting to wear off and Im going nuts...

newlymarried1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 10:38 am
There's a product you can get in the health food shops, its from the MR Line (Miriam Rosenfeld a"h) Its a spray called TFH. You're supposed to spray it into the mouth several times a day - the instructions are on the bottle. It helps literally within an hour or two and it actually heals the sores.
It helps for any kind of mouth sores, including herpes..etc.
It's been a real lifesaver for me in the past

Refuah Sheleima!

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 12:29 pm
Put some sage on it.
Put some baking soda on it.
That's what I've heard.

jflower

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 1:23 pm
Zilactin saved my life when I had canker sores. It covers the sores with a protective film. I bought it in CVS or Walgreens.

penguin

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:19 pm
Lysine- 500-1000 mg 3x/day.Some say empty stomach, some say w food, so do your research.

If caused by herpes virus, larrea should be very helpful. Ask at health food store or find on-line.

Nicole

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 4:08 pm
I found that eliminating walnuts improved my situation. Eliminating sugar stopped the sores almost completely.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics