Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
USA Imamother, how's the snow?
Previous  1  2

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:27 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
And my husband told me that basement residents in Lakewood (and I guess anywhere that people live in basements) are snowed in.

That is positively frightening to me,being snowed in below ground. I've never had a problem with being snowed in above ground.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

suremom

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:31 pm
its bad bad bad. my flight was cancelled Shaking Shaking supposed to go on vacation for a few days. I need it sooo badly.

MMCH

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 9:11 am
Its bad!!
My street is untouched.
Its 2 feet.
, I was going out of my mind, my kids were climbing the walls by 1 pm.

Today we must go out. I don't care if they just sit in the snow.
We are off for mid-winter vacation, so there is no stress of going to work/school ( I am a teacher)

However, entertaining the kids this week will most certainty be.
good luck to all of us!

Fox

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 10:42 am
USA?

Gosh, here in Chicago we just have a couple of inches . . . and my DD who is in LA this week says there's not much snow there . . .

Smile

Maya

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 11:06 am
suremom wrote:
its bad bad bad. my flight was cancelled Shaking Shaking supposed to go on vacation for a few days. I need it sooo badly.

That sucks Sad

proudmama2011

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 1:32 pm
My kids love the snow. We all went out and played in the snow for a while and made snow balls. Came back in to delicious warm cocoa.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 2:48 pm
My husband is in CA on a business trip. I moved in to my parents for shabbos with the kids, and got stuck there last night. we didnt have any weekday clothes with us! My husband's flight was canceled... I had to beg my special need's son caregiver to keep him another night. Fun fun fun.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 4:47 pm
Lots of window watching, some mock shoveling, great pictures, and tons of hot cocoa with marshmallows

UQT

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 5:15 pm
My neighbor went into labor and hatzalah couldn't get into our development since the street wasn't plowed. They took her on a sled through the streets. Stuff nightmares are made of.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 5:17 pm
UQT wrote:
My neighbor went into labor and hatzalah couldn't get into our development since the street wasn't plowed. They took her on a sled through the streets. Stuff nightmares are made of.

OMG. My heart is bleeding for her.

morah

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 5:27 pm
UQT wrote:

Oh my. I'm due this week and that's all I've been thinking of this whole weekend. Still standing so far, but really hoping to go another day, because for sure by tomorrow I know I shouldn't have too hard a time getting to the hospital...

balibusta

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 5:33 pm
The person that had to go by sled where does she live? Lkwd?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 12:37 pm
Hate snow.
Hate the disruption and the chaos that ensues.
Not a happy girl today.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 1:03 pm
balibusta wrote:
The person that had to go by sled where does she live? Lkwd?

I heard in Baltimore of it happening, not with women in labor, but man who need oxygen.

I'm not due just yet but was thinking of what ifs...

For what I heard Hatzalah in Lakewood had a plow going ahead, or at least on shabbos they did.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 1:06 pm
UQT wrote:

Omg. NOOOOO
I hope mom and baby are ok. The poor poor poor woman.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 1:13 pm
And here in the upper left hand corner of the US, it may hit 60f.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 2:11 pm
and there have been around 5 deaths - please be careful people

http://nypost.com/2016/01/25/m.....-car/

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 2:40 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
Hate snow.
Hate the disruption and the chaos that ensues.
Not a happy girl today.

I'm with you, sister.

Some people go on about the peace and tranquility of snow falling.

I dunno. My blood pressure goes up with every half inch that falls, thinking of the aftermath.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 2:43 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I'm with you, sister.

Some people go on about the peace and tranquility of snow falling.

I dunno. My blood pressure goes up with every half inch that falls, thinking of the aftermath.

I am one of those snow lovers...I could just sit for hours and hours and watch it come down...my DH on the other hand HATES the snow...it's like a curse to him. He grew up in warm climate and cant stand the cold and snow...

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 3:25 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I am one of those snow lovers...I could just sit for hours and hours and watch it come down...my DH on the other hand HATES the snow...it's like a curse to him. He grew up in warm climate and cant stand the cold and snow...

Oh I sat all shabbos by the window watching it fall, more like BLAST its way down, and watched all the men struggle their way to shul.
It is once the clean up starts and everything is trying to get back to running normally, which it can't because its a mess everywhere. You can't walk, you can't park, you can't drive because of the traffic UGH. Crying Crying Crying
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics