Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Which cooking shows do you enjoy?

JenniferK

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 6:54 pm
I love watching Laura In The Kitchen. She has a channel on YouTube.

Anyone else out there you like?

I once watched her making tacos and my mouth has been salivating ever since. Are tacos sold in the kosher stores? Is it the same thing as wraps?

mommyoftheyear

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 7:01 pm
I enjoy Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa episodes and laura in the kitchen and gordon ramsey all his shows (masterchef hells kitchen....) giada de laurentis rachel ray....

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 7:24 pm
I love cooking shows!
Worst cooks in America, Chopped, Iron Chef America, Good Eats, Cutthroat Kitchen, cupcake wars...

As far as Tacos, I've bought them in regular grocery stores.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 7:51 pm
I love cooking shows, but I rarely watch them. Lately I've been watching a few of Good Eats.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:07 pm
Jewishmommy2 wrote:
I love watching Laura In The Kitchen. She has a channel on YouTube.

Anyone else out there you like?

I once watched her making tacos and my mouth has been salivating ever since. Are tacos sold in the kosher stores? Is it the same thing as wraps?

Not really - is a bagel the same as a croissant? LOL

All tacos are made with tortillas which can be made from either corn or flour. There are tacos made in hard shells when the tortilla is deep fried but most people eat the "soft" tacos where the tacos are briefly sauteed to soften and heat. A cold tortilla is not very tasty in my opinion.

SS6099

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:39 pm
I love Top Chef and Top Chef Masters. But it's more of a competition than teaching me something. But I do learn a lot...

cm

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:50 pm
No TV anymore, but I used to love America's Test Kitchen on PBS. (I also enjoy Cook's Illustrated magazine and the associated cookbooks, all part of the same series).

Volunteer

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 10:53 pm
America's test kitchen. I love the food chemistry, and they have the best recipes.

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:23 pm
you mentioned youtube.
My favorite youtube shows are "How to cook that" by Ann Reardon and "How to cake it" by Yolanda Gampp. Both are short, amazing, entertaining and very professional.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 12:58 am
yo'ma wrote:
I love cooking shows, but I rarely watch them. Lately I've been watching a few of Good Eats.

I love Good Eats! It's kind of like if Bill Nye the Science Guy had a cooking show -- wacky skits, educational content (both the history of the food and the science), and great recipes.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 5:01 am
I like cooking competitions like Top Chef and Chopped, less so Master Chef (too sappy - they make it like a soap opera) I love to see how creative these guys are and they give me good ideas.

little_mage

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 6:41 am
If you're looking for instructional shows, I second (third?) Good Eats. We also like Mexican Made Easy and Bobby Flay's shows. For competition shows (which I find I can usually learn something from) we like Top Chef, Chopped, Guy's Grocery Games.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:20 am
agreer wrote:
you mentioned youtube.
My favorite youtube shows are "How to cook that" by Ann Reardon and "How to cake it" by Yolanda Gampp. Both are short, amazing, entertaining and very professional.

How to cook that is my favorite YouTube channel.

There's also The Domestic Geek if you like a range of cooking and desserts and Gemma Stafford if you like easy desserts. I also like Byron Talbott, Donal skehan and Bruno Albouze for recipes. Gordon Ramsay also has good recipes.

The sucky part is I was addicted to YouTube so I cancelled my wifi. So there goes all my cooking shows. But at least you should enjoy them.

JenniferK

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 1:23 pm
Hey! Thanks everyone! I won't be bored for the next 5 years Wink

Excuse my ignorance. Where do you all watch those? TV? Netflix? I only watch YouTube all the time.

nywife

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 1:46 pm
Laura in the kitchen is great. Also on YouTube there's howtocookthat and howtocakeit.
Tv wise I love master chef. Man vs food is pretty entertaining too

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 2:28 pm
Hell's Kitchen

pinksmoothie

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 2:38 pm
Laura in the kitchen is great! I watch her episodes on YouTube
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics