Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Imamother republican primary
1  2  3  Next

Republican primary poll
Rubio  
 41%  [ 47 ]
Cruz  
 33%  [ 37 ]
Trump  
 25%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 112

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:21 pm
The leading contenders are Trump, Rubio and Cruz
Who would you choose?

You can list others here too.

sequoia

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:54 pm
If I were Republican, I'd pick Dr. Carson.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 9:01 pm
We have closed primaries here and if I continue to be a registered R Il'l probably vote for Jeb since I feel sorry for him.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 9:11 pm
Dr. Carson is a mentsch, but a vote for Dr. Carson is a vote for Mr. Trump at this point. And the more establishment candidates have been so busy sniping at each other they're handing the nomination to Mr. Trump. Most of them should have already dropped out of the race.

Anyway, I'd vote for Ted Cruz — an outsider even though he's a US senator. He's the most consistently pro-Constitution candidate, is extremely bright, very pro-Israel, and most closely reflects my views overall. He's also the non-Trump candidate best positioned to win the Iowa caucus, where he has an extremely strong ground game.

Senator Rubio is also very bright, projects youth and vigor, can be inspirational, is pro-Israel, and is very likable. I thinks he needs more backbone — he comes across as malleable. Besides Senator Rubio's spotty record on immigration, in one of the debates he proposed a new child tax credit, which sounds an awful lot like a new entitlement. If nominated, he would have a lot of appeal to frum voters.

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:21 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

Senator Rubio is also very bright, projects youth and vigor, can be inspirational, is pro-Israel, and is very likable. I thinks he needs more backbone — he comes across as malleable. Besides Senator Rubio's spotty record on immigration, in one of the debates he proposed a new child tax credit, which sounds an awful lot like a new entitlement. If nominated, he would have a lot of appeal to frum voters.

I'm not following that closely but what I've seen of Rubio... The guy has got backbone and nerve and is not afraid to speak his mind for what's right and best for this country.
I hope he wins!

Trump scares me. He's like a grown up baby and lest he have a temper tantrum in office and do something stupid.... It won't be pretty.

Cruz is a good candidate as well.

My opinion doesn't really count though cuz I'm too busy and uninterested to follow the real deal and only heard/saw snippets here and there.

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:24 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

I'm not following that closely but what I've seen of Rubio... The guy has got backbone and nerve and is not afraid to speak his mind for what's right and best for this country.
I hope he wins!

Trump scares me. He's like a grown up baby and lest he have a temper tantrum in office and do something stupid.... It won't be pretty.

Cruz is a good candidate as well.

My opinion doesn't really count though cuz I'm too busy and uninterested to follow the real deal and only heard/saw snippets here and there.

marina

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:36 pm
I know there were a lot of concerns in 2008 about Obama's ties to Jeremiah Wright. Are any of you concerned about Cruz's ties to Mike Bickle, in light of Bickle's comments about Jews?

sequoia

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:38 pm
What did Bickle say about Jews?!

(My mom's a big fan - granted she's not Jewish...)

marina

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:44 pm
It's pretty bad. http://forward.com/news/breaki.....rist/

You can skip to about 5:55 in the video.

Volunteer

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:47 pm
Where is Ben Carson on the poll?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 12:09 am
Wow, I never knew Oprah Winfrey is the forerunner to the Antichrist! Yes, Bickle's quotes (I read the article but didn't watch the video) sound like extreme, apocalyptic, very fundamentalist stuff. But unlike President Obama, Cruz wasn't falling asleep in the pews every week for 20 years listening to the guy, has given some extremely pro-Israel speeches, and I think Cruz's pastor is his father.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 12:51 am
My vote here may not reflect my actual vote, because on imamother I'll vote for the person I would most like but IRL I am more likely to vote for the person I dislike the least who also has the best chance of actually winning. Wouldn't want my vote wasted on someone who seems good but isn't going to make it anyway.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 9:09 am
sequoia wrote:

Honest question: why?

I could vote for Cruz fairly easily in Nov. but am leaning to Rubio. And I was a Cruz person. I'm concerned that the birther thing may come back to bite him (though I think he has pretty good haskamos on that score; I don't mean people who will vote for him but people who say he's natural born for these purposes). He seems to be trying to hard to reclaim the tea party outsider vote. And what's up with not giving the WSJ an interview? They're not gonna be fair? I'm wondering if he can win, also. Which also leaves Jeb out of the picture.

Is Christie awful?
I think for this poll I'll probably choose Rubio.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Wed, Jan 27 2016, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 9:11 am
Since we're amother-enabled here, can you Trump gals let us know why you voted yes? Or, if you haven't chimed in on the Jews for Trump - what??!?! thread please do so there.

I think I want a candidate who doesn't bow out of debates.

anon for this

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 10:20 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Is Christie awful?

I'm not a Republican but I live in NJ. I don't think Christie has much of a chance against Trump or Cruz. Some Republicans may be put off by his past donations to Planned Parenthood, or by the fact that he made public appearances with Obama after Hurricane Sandy (if he continues to poll well I expect we'll see that footage in a campaign commercial).

Other voters might be put off by Bridgegate or his sometimes abrasive manner.

I don't think he'd be an awful president though.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 10:38 am
sequoia wrote:

Hey! That's awesome. First time I come across someone else who says that.
I'm all for carson! Doesn't look like he has a chance but I hope he does.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 1:00 pm
anon for this wrote:
I'm not a Republican but I live in NJ. I don't think Christie has much of a chance against Trump or Cruz. Some Republicans may be put off by his past donations to Planned Parenthood, or by the fact that he made public appearances with Obama after Hurricane Sandy (if he continues to poll well I expect we'll see that footage in a campaign commercial).

One of the few times I ever heard Bill Bennett get bent out of shape was the hug with Obama. And I didn't get that. He's governor of the state and needed to say thanks that the government came through. Did I miss something?

November

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 1:06 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Hey! That's awesome. First time I come across someone else who says that.
I'm all for carson! Doesn't look like he has a chance but I hope he does.

Dr Carson has a lot o LOL LOL f supporters- I like him a lot and if I thought he could win I would vote for him in a New York minute LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 3:45 pm
November wrote:
Dr Carson has a lot o LOL LOL f supporters- I like him a lot and if I thought he could win I would vote for him in a New York minute LOL

Same here. I loved him the first time I heard about him, and my opinion hasn't changed a bit.

As I said in the other thread, I think he's too "nice" for today's climate. America seems to be looking for someone more take charge, and larger than life. Americans are feeling weak and insecure, and they want a real "pack leader".

(Yes, I've been reading Cesar Millan books, can you tell?) Wink

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 3:54 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

(Yes, I've been reading Cesar Millan books, can you tell?) Wink

Yes, now that I googled Cesar Millan. Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics