Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Imamother republican primary
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Republican primary poll
Rubio  
 41%  [ 47 ]
Cruz  
 33%  [ 37 ]
Trump  
 25%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 112

fmt4

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 5:42 pm
I just watched an awful clip of Christie bullying a young girl who asked him a question. Why are all these guys such jerks???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe.....GVuRk

Oh and Ben Carson gives me the CREEPS. And seems to have absolutely nothing of import to say. He makes trump looks experienced and knowledgable.

Rubio I used to like but I did some research and he seems really spineless and unsure of himself.
The only person I really liked was Jeb bush so I think I'll sit this one out Sad

November

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 6:41 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I just watched an awful clip of Christie bullying a young girl who asked him a question. Why are all these guys such jerks???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe.....GVuRk

Oh and Ben Carson gives me the CREEPS. And seems to have absolutely nothing of import to say. He makes trump looks experienced and knowledgable.

Rubio I used to like but I did some research and he seems really spineless and unsure of himself.
The only person I really liked was Jeb bush so I think I'll sit this one out Sad

I totally did not take you for a Republican. Are you sure you are?
And what about Ben Carson creeps you out? What a great man.

small bean

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 6:59 pm
I like Cruz and Kaisich

Carson, I would like as a doctor. Trump is just words. Rubio is not a conservative and does not have a good record.

fmt4

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:03 pm
I have been until now, though I'm young enough to have only voted in two elections...I happily voted for McCain and Romney. but honestly after this insane primary I don't know any more. If this is the best and brightest that the Republican Party has to offer, then I don't know if I can align myself with it any longer. My mother, a long time republican, feels the same way. It's very disappointing.
Carson? I dunno I just get such a weird vibe from him. I find him to be a really strange person. And I don't find him to be at all inspiring or interesting. So you're a brain surgeon. Big whoop. Why exactly should I trust to run this country?

fmt4

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:05 pm
small bean wrote:
I like Cruz and Kaisich

Carson, I would like as a doctor. Trump is just words. Rubio is not a conservative and does not have a good record.

Oh I liked kasich too! But he has no chance. I guess I go for the soft-spoken elderly types LOL

November

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:10 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I have been until now, though I'm young enough to have only voted in two elections...I happily voted for McCain and Romney. but honestly after this insane primary I don't know any more. If this is the best and brightest that the Republican Party has to offer, then I don't know if I can align myself with it any longer. My mother, a long time republican, feels the same way. It's very disappointing.
Carson? I dunno I just get such a weird vibe from him. I find him to be a really strange person. And I don't find him to be at all inspiring or interesting. So you're a brain surgeon. Big whoop. Why exactly should I trust to run this country?

I agree that this campaign cycle is pretty insane, but are you more comfortable with the alternative of leaving the Republican party? I'm not sure I get how someone who voted happily for McCain and Romney can be comfortable in the Democrat party. Please explain.

anon for this

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:13 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
One of the few times I ever heard Bill Bennett get bent out of shape was the hug with Obama. And I didn't get that. He's governor of the state and needed to say thanks that the government came through. Did I miss something?

Remember that Sandy struck at the end of October 2012. Critics felt that by appearing with Obama and shaking hands with him in early November, Christie gave Obama a boost right before the election. But Christie said he was most interested in convincing Obama to give New Jersey the federal aid it needed to rebuild, and didn't care if he had to appear friendly to Obama in order to get it.

(That Obama hooked him up with Bruce Springsteen was just a bonus).

I don't understand what all the fuss was about either. New York, New Jersey, and most of the other states most affected by Sandy have been solidly blue for some time, and it's not likely that Christie's actions changed any outcomes. I wonder if some of the criticism was due to the fact that, despite projections to the contrary, many Republican pundits thought that the election would go to Romney, or at least be much closer than it was.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:57 pm
rubio

SorGold

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 9:25 pm
Carson all the way! Wish he had a chance.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:29 am
SorGold wrote:
Carson all the way! Wish he had a chance.

This might be unfair because I wouldn't ask this about some of the other candidates, but can you explain why Carson over the others? (We can leave out Trump for the purpose of this discussion Wink )

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:55 am
I'm not a Carson supporter, but here's my take. Dr. Carson will be a terrific surgeon general! As a candidate,

the weaknesses Dr. Carson has shown include:
• Pacifistic tendencies. For example, he said he would not have attacked Afghanistan after 9/11.
• Lack of familiarity and depth on foreign policy issues, more than any other candidate.
• Inability to speak in soundbites Shouldn't matter but it does.
• An extremely soft-spoken demeanor in a time when that's a liability.

Strengths include:

• Analytical ability
• Mentschlichkeit
• His thinking style is a little bit out of the box
• Of all the "outsider" candidates, he's the most outside

ecs

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 2:16 pm
rubio

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:35 pm
Is anyone watching the debate?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:39 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Is anyone watching the debate?

Trying to listen. Can't on the computer and the local Fox station was preempted by sports. Got some out of state station with static.
I don't like how Cruz handled the Trump question, though not a major misstep. There was one point when he asked everyone on stage not to attack him but I don't know what started it and it sounded like not the best response.

I guess I'll hear post-mortems tomorrow and Monday.

ETA: that line about not attacking him was a set up for a punchline, "If this continues I'll have to walk off" or something like that, but it didn't work.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Fri, Jan 29 2016, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:48 pm
So far I think Senator Rubio is having a good night. He knows foreign policy cold.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 10:58 pm
Torn between Rubio and Cruz.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 11:49 pm
I thought Cruz finished well after a shaky start — shaky on tone. Later on I liked his answer on ethanol, which is a big deal in Iowa, that he wouldn't pick winners and losers. And his answer on immigration. Also very clear on ISIS and threats from Iran.

Rubio had some problems on immigration. Very nice closing statement. Excellent and clear on foreign policy. Projects optimism. Smooth. I could see him attracting votes across party lines more easily than Cruz.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:59 pm
Results from the Iowa Republican caucus; not everyone is shown:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 12:05 am
Was that before it ended? Because I googled it and it had Cruz 8, Trump 7, Rubio 6. Not bad overall.

Heyaaa

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:23 am
So far I was right. I said that that people like trump in theory but when it actually comes down to deciding if they trust him to be president, they won't vote for him.

In Iowa, according to what I read, Cruz always had the same people interested in him. But trump was way ahead in the polls. When it came down to the caucus, many people who liked trump in theory, decided to vote for Rubio instead. By trump losing those votes, he ended up behind Cruz.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics