Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Rechnitz wrote an apology letter
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 12:48 pm
The Rosh hayehsivos didn't threaten rechnitz at all they just let him know that he wouldn't be accepted into Lakewood any more and rechnitz chose rather to have the kavod and be a part of Lakewood vs. doing the right thing and ending this epidemic that became Lakewood.

Please don't make the Rosh hayehsivos of Lakewood into a mafia family they are not at all. Im not saying they are perfect but they don't kill people.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 12:51 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
great! how do I get in touch with him? I found the solution. if he holds off donating anything to anyone in lakewood until all the kids have placements, they'll scramble to get it done. it's so simple...

[b]

His email address is on the other thread go look it up.

Please email him and let me know his response.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
The Rosh hayehsivos didn't threaten rechnitz at all they just let him know that he wouldn't be accepted into Lakewood any more and rechnitz chose rather to have the kavod and be a part of Lakewood vs. doing the right thing and ending this epidemic that became Lakewood.

Please don't make the Rosh hayehsivos of Lakewood into a mafia family they are not at all. Im not saying they are perfect but they don't kill people.

what does "accepted into lakewood" mean? and yes, that is threatening. it's emotional blackmail. this does not look good for lakewood at all.

Heyaaa

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:03 pm
amother wrote:

If that's true that they blackmailed him, I can understand why he chose to apologize. First of all he didn't backtrack on anything that he had said. All he said was clarify what he had meant but he still said the same thing. He never said the administrators were to blame but he said in the original speech that the administrators are in a tough situation but he will help pay if that will help but it's on the parents to stop the attitude. So nothing changed. He didn't have to change his opinion in order to apologize. Second, he is yeshivish. He grew up yeshivish (I think a telsher) and to be told that you're no longer welcome in the epicenter of yeshivish, is extremely painful. He has tried hard to maintain his values even as he is involved in the corporate world and not in kollel but now the ones who he think epitomize the type of life he wants to live, his heros, told him that they think he's a lowlife. So of course he apologized to get back into their graces.

This is if it's actually true that he was threatened, which I doubt. I find it more likely that he heard (or reads ywn or whatever other Jewish websites) and discovered all the Lakewood hatred that came out because of his speech.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:08 pm
He wasn't threatened with a knife but he wants to be known as the big Asian and gvir and the Lakewood rabbanim have a lot of money and they would not accept his money that's what he wants to be known as.

Do you call That threatening if rabbonim say they won't accept his money? Do the Rabbonim have to take his money and call him a gvir?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:20 pm
Why are you reporting my post. Lakewood Rosh hayehsivos don't have to accept any money from anybody. It's not called threatening if they say we don't want your money have a nice day. It's horrible how people have no problem bashing Rosh hayeshivis. Come one do we really think they are mafia.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:
Why are you reporting my post. Lakewood Rosh hayehsivos don't have to accept any money from anybody. It's not called threatening if they say we don't want your money have a nice day. It's horrible how people have no problem bashing Rosh hayeshivis. Come one do we really think they are mafia.

I reported it bec of your first paragraph. Seriously why do you hate him?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:43 pm
I don't hate him I just don't think that it's okay to bash Lakewood rabbonin. If you say that the Rosh hayehsivos said Very nicely we don't need your money and rechnitz backed down you cant call Rosh hayehsivos names. It's not blackmail it's not bribing, its business.

The Lakewood Rosh hayehsivos can decide who to do business with just like any other business.

Just because rechnitz chose to back down because he made a smart business decision if you want to call it that it's not fair to bash Lakewood rabbonim.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 2:06 pm
When I was trying to get my child in to school a few years back , at the time the school I wanted was still a young school. Oldest grade was third at the time. Today it is a prominent school. We had just moved to lkwd from EY and this was sometime in august. The owner/administrater was away and the principal accepted us into the school without backing of adminastation. When I went to workout tuition payments with the administator I got an earfull of how we should just know that we really dont belong in this school. It was a big mistake. Had administrater been at the interview we never would have gotten in to the school. Now its to late . Administrater doesnt see it working out...on and on ... Any way about half way into the year I got an appolagy from the administation saying that they are sorry that they said what they said. They see that everything is working out and they are very happy to have us in their school!! To the extent that they excepted another 'out if the box family like us' because of us(it wasnt said like that I just dont know how else to write it now) If I had a hard time respecting them before hand now my respect shot up. If a person in such a postion of 'power' can say im sorry I made a mistake or any regular person for that matter admits to a mistake , it makes them into a giant of a person. In this sociaty its not easy admitting that a mistake was made. Administaters are human to. They can make mistakes like any one else.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 3:00 pm
I don't live in lakewood but my respect for anything lakewood or fakewood as I call it related has gone down 100%. There may be some great ppl however there are soooooo many problems there that I feel bad for anyone who lives there....and any man who calls himself a rosh yeshiva and thinks he can play in this way with ppl lives literally in my opinion are lower than the lowest. I thank hashem all the time that I don't live there. Bh I live on an amazing place and got my children in school for being me......in yeshivish schools...however if I lived in lakewood my kids would be the ones sitting at home since GASP dh works and doesn't always wear a white shirt ....it's such a nutty crazy place.

And if there is so much torah learning and stuff where are the middos?????? That's WAY more important than torah inho.

Learning in kollel doesn't make u a great preson. Our gedolim mostly all worked and learned....why does lakewood think they can change the way it was don't for generations....y r wives KILLING themselves and working....Parnassus is in the hands of the guy according to the torah and kesubah.

Sry if I hurt anyone.

Just my 2 cents.

gp2.0

Heyaaa wrote:
In the original speech he said the same thing. He said that the rabbanim try to get the kids into schools and the schools are willing if not for these parents who call and say they will pull out their kid if the other kid comes. Also the school knows that if they accept certain kids then their reputation will be shot for next year and they won't have applicants. So accepting 'less worthy' kids is a death sentence for a school.

What does that mean the school won't have applicants? I thought there are tons of kids with nowhere to go? So if a schools reputation is "shot" they will have room for all the kids who couldn't get in anywhere else.

Except, of course, if the schools don't want to have tons of "rejected" kids ... Aha! So it is the schools fault. The schools are being elitist too and protecting their "reputations." When truly the only good and worthy reputation would be a school with the reputation of being welcoming to everyone.

Mevater

I find it VERY hard to believe that Lakewood Rabbonim or Roshei Yeshiva COERCED any apology out of him, because if anyone could ever come out publicly with proof of Rabbonim or Roshei Yeshiva's coercion, their name would be MAJOR MUD! Theyd lose more than theyd gain by it. Theyd be dirtied forever!

Perhaps Rechnitz felt after reading comments that he wants to clarify.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 3:07 pm
Why is this thread turning into bashing the Lakewood rabbonim?

Lakewood rabbonim didn't force anything out of rechnitz they just won't take his money.

Not everyone can be bribed with money.

Why is it okay for a wealthy person to use his money to get what he wants by if someone says I don't want it thus are bad and blackmailing?

sourstix

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 3:50 pm
I AM sad that he wrote this apology. but I can see that he was going to write it anyway. he said it in the first place that he doesnt know if he is in the right matzav to speak about it. then he apologized at the end too.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 4:05 pm
amother wrote:
I don't hate him I just don't think that it's okay to bash Lakewood rabbonin. If you say that the Rosh hayehsivos said Very nicely we don't need your money and rechnitz backed down you cant call Rosh hayehsivos names. It's not blackmail it's not bribing, its business.

The Lakewood Rosh hayehsivos can decide who to do business with just like any other business.

Just because rechnitz chose to back down because he made a smart business decision if you want to call it that it's not fair to bash Lakewood rabbonim.

I don't think it's ok to bash rabbonim either.
Do you have some inside information? Is it appropriate to spread it publicly?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
Why is this thread turning into bashing the Lakewood rabbonim?

Lakewood rabbonim didn't force anything out of rechnitz they just won't take his money.

Not everyone can be bribed with money.

Why is it okay for a wealthy person to use his money to get what he wants by if someone says I don't want it thus are bad and blackmailing?

Go back to your 5:08 post.
Unless you know this for a fact, I call saying that rabbonim did something not bashing but definitely not kavod.
If you do know for a fact, is it public knowledge as in on Matzav, YWN, Kol Hamevaser and Hamodia Daily? Or was it determined that the best way to get the news out was to tell you and for you to go amother?

Tirza

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 4:25 pm
Reading this thread, and watching that video, it occurs to me that the opinions of half of the Jewish community (in Lakewood and elsewhere) are not being heard by the people in charge. Rabbanim and Askanim (all men) make the decisions that affect the lives of not only the men in our communities, but the women and children as well. We have no voice. We can only express our opinions to each other, in private conversations and in online forums where only women take part and where the men can not hear us. I think that it's a real problem that we don't have women in leadership positions who can represent our needs and the needs of our children.
And PLEASE, don't tell me that it's not tznius. That's nonsense. Or that we have Rebbetzins. Most don't have any real power either.
And don't tell me that a woman can always ask her husband to intervene for her. Because, yeah, all husbands are so sensitive to their wives' needs and willing to put themselves out there for her {eyes rolling}.
And please don't tell me that all of our Rabbanim are so wise that every decision they make is for the best, whether we understand it or not. That's obviously not true either, as evidenced by the many heartbroken families that suffer from this problem.
Why is this generation of Jewish women, the most well-educated and knowledgeable ever, so much more timid than our grandmothers were? We don't demand to be heard, even when we have every right to be.

Last edited by Tirza on Thu, Jan 28 2016, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 4:29 pm
Tirza wrote:
Reading this thread, and watching that video, it occurs to me that the opinions of half of the Jewish community (in Lakewood and elsewhere) are not being heard by the people in charge. Rabbanim and Askanim (all men) make the decisions that affect the lives of not only the men in our communities, but the women and children as well. We have no voice. We can only express our opinions to each other, in private conversations and in online forums where only women take part and where the men can not hear us. I think that it's a real problem that we don't have women in leadership positions who can represent our needs and the needs of our children.
And PLEASE, don't tell me that it's not tznius. That's nonsense. Or that we Rebbetzins. Most don't have any real power either.
And don't tell me that a woman can always ask her husband to intervene for her. Because, yeah, all husbands are so sensitive to their wives' needs and willing to put themselves out there for her {eyes rolling}.
And please don't tell me that all of our Rabbanim are so wise that every decision they make is for the best, whether we understand it or not. That's obviously not true either, as evidenced by the many heartbroken families that suffer from this problem.
Why is this generation of Jewish women, the most well-educated and knowledgeable ever, so much more timid than our grandmothers were? We don't demand to be heard, even when we have every right to be.

Its Thursday night.. Just shut up and go back to your challa baking
Are you looking to get us all lynched..

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 4:46 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Its Thursday night.. Just shut up and go back to your challa baking
Are you looking to get us all lynched..

Although the issue of the speech and whether an apology was needed, is a serious matter, your answer was sooooo funny, its a shame we, women of all ages, are not all in one big room gagging from laughter together.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 5:01 pm
Tirza wrote:
And PLEASE, don't tell me that it's not tznius. That's nonsense. Or that we Rebbetzins. Most don't have any real power either.

Well said, I agree with you 100%. The female voice in the leadership of the Lakewood community is absent, despite the fact that the whole town is run on the backs of women. They are the subservient underclass used for their wombs and earning power.
You really eloquently expressed the nekuda of the absence of chohmas noshim in the chinuch realm, which was unheard of in generations past. When did we women abdicate our precious daughters (and sons) chinuch to the aggressive ego fueled male driven chinuch system that pervades the culture of Lakewood?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics