Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Rechnitz wrote an apology letter
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Tirza

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:09 pm
To naturalmom5-
I truly don't understand why my post elicited such a hostile reaction from you.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:28 pm
Tirza wrote:
To naturalmom5-

Hostile Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Maybe ask mevater to explain the joke to you

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:26 pm
Tirza wrote:
To naturalmom5-

It was sarcastic.
Naturalmom5 is on the same page as you. Smile

Moonlight

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:46 pm
Just putting this here cuz I don't see it mentioned. Baruch Dayna HaEmes, his father in law passed away today. Please understand that this man was not exaggerating when he said he was not in the right frame of mind

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:53 pm
basyisr0el wrote:
Just putting this here cuz I don't see it mentioned. Baruch Dayna HaEmes, his father in law passed away today. Please understand that this man was not exaggerating when he said he was not in the right frame of mind

BDE.

That being the case, if the father in law was in Sloan Kettering, which I think was mentioned in the speech, can anyone figure out why Rechnitz is/was in Maimonides?

Where are all the "know it alls", who mentioned in another thread that they know where Rechnitz stays when in Lakewood, and the "know it alls" who know that Roshei Yeshiva asked him to apologize? Wouldnt they know what he is/was doing in Maimonides?

Where are they now?

Last edited by Mevater on Thu, Jan 28 2016, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:54 pm
basyisr0el wrote:

I don't know, to me his speech sounded very rational.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:59 pm
Maya wrote:
I don't know, to me his speechless sounded very rational.

AmI the only one who doesnt read his letter as an apology. Seems more of a clarification to me and an apology for not praising Lakewood. Not an apology for saying what he said where and when he said it...

I didnt read the entire thread but where is the info coming from that the Rabbanim daid they dont want his money and therefore he apologized because he WANTS to give them his money? Knowing the finances in Lakewood and how much the mosdos ask him for money, it seems THEY need his money. I dont get it...

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 10:02 pm
Maya wrote:

And how! I was never so inspired in my life. How amazing was it that a guy who could live off the fat of the land, takes the time, and has the guts and the heart to say what has to be said and cry with the little guys who are in pain? I dont claim to be G-d and theres a lot people arent aware of, but I personally have never seen such heartfelt devotion before, from any other Askanim/Gvirim,

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 10:06 pm
Mevater wrote:
BDE.

That being the case, if the father in law was in Sloan Kettering, which I think was mentioned in the speech, can anyone figure out why Rechnitz is/was in Maimonides?

Im not sure if u noticed my post earlier in this thread, but I believe it is possible that Rav Belsky had just been transferred (after Sloan Kettering said they could not help him anymore).

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 10:11 pm
gold21 wrote:
Im not sure if u noticed my post earlier in this thread, but I believe it is possible that Rav Belsky had just been transferred (after Sloan Kettering said they could not help him anymore).

Oh. I was nervous that the after effects of his speech made him ill ch'v. Thanks for clarifying.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 10:33 pm
After watching the speech, I was really excited that someone as big as Rechnitz was able to put together and speak out all the words that I keep saying and fall on deaf ears. I actually started to have some faith that there will be change in our communities. This apology letter is absolutely disgusting. If there was any child that gained some positivity from this speech, it was all flushed down the drain. They go make internet asifas for what? The children are on the internet because they do not have a school-duh!!!Why do some of you think that Rabbanim today are what rabbanim are supposed to be? My mother is an agunah for over a decade and none of the "rabbanim" give a flying ----!! In fact, they did not believe her when she came crying to them that her husband is abusive and that they should help her because she has no one to turn to. Is this what we call rabbanim?

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 10:51 pm
basyisr0el wrote:

Sometimes when people are under extreme stress, their filters are not working at maximum capacity and they may be more blunt/straightforward than usual. They have no time, patience, or mental energy for niceties or fakeness.

This may have been what happened here. However, in this case I think it was a good thing for him to take his filters down a notch and truly speak his mind. His honesty and lack of standard p.c. protocol was very much needed. I only feel badly that this may have been made to happen through Rav Belsky's illness and suffering.

The letter may perhaps have been written due to him feeling badly about his father in law's imminent passing and hoping the negative after-effects of his speech do not affect the respect the Torah world has for his father in law. He may have simply written it to smooth things over at a sensitive time for his family.

In any case, Mr Rechnitz owes us nothing and should speak and write however he pleases. I am not one to analyze and criticize his actions. He owes us nothing. If youre waiting around for someone else to solve the problems of your community, you are mistaken. He doesnt owe you anything. There are many places a person can live besides for Lakewood. If you choose to live there, you cannot blast Mr Rechnitz, who does not live in Lakewood, for failing to adequately solve your community's problems.

thanks

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 11:18 pm
If Miriam would not speak out to her father Amram, Moshe Rabbeinu would not have been born. Where would we be today? Something so important as Jewish children needing a school, needs to be spoken about. The question is not why did he speak up. We should all be asking why did so many people remain silent for so long.

He spoke from his heart. "Words that come from the heart, enter another's heart." Let us all hope that there will be a positive change for the many children and families that are going through this pain.

HelloG

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 11:34 pm
Where was this speech held?

gittelchana

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 12:00 am
Maya wrote:

It seemed quite passionate and emotional to me.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 12:00 am
I am so sad that he apologized. I wish the others in the room would apologize that they were silent until now. That would have demonstrated true greatness.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 2:09 am
amother wrote:
AmI the only one who doesnt read his letter as an apology. Seems more of a clarification to me and an apology for not praising Lakewood. Not an apology for saying what he said where and when he said it...

I didnt read the entire thread but where is the info coming from that the Rabbanim daid they dont want his money and therefore he apologized because he WANTS to give them his money? Knowing the finances in Lakewood and how much the mosdos ask him for money, it seems THEY need his money. I dont get it...

I agree that he didn't say anything different from the original speech. He just said it again in fewer words and stressed different things but he didn't say anything contradictory.

According to the poster who 'knows' the scoop, she made it seem like he was told that he is not welcome in Lakewood, not that his money isn't welcome. Meaning they will ruin his name if he ever tried to get up to speak. And then she thinks it's not blackmail.

Heyaaa

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 2:27 am
thanks wrote:
If Miriam would not speak out to her father Amram, Moshe Rabbeinu would not have been born. Where would we be today? Something so important as Jewish children needing a school, needs to be spoken about. The question is not why did he speak up. We should all be asking why did so many people remain silent for so long.

He spoke from his heart. "Words that come from the heart, enter another's heart." Let us all hope that there will be a positive change for the many children and families that are going through this pain.

This speech has been said many times by Agudah and Torah Umesorah conventions. The difference is this the first time the community was addressed instead of the hanhala/leadership and also that this was the first time a rich person got up and said something. If a Rav says something someone will say 'he's not my daas torah' or 'wait until all the rabbanim say it and then I'll listen' or 'the fact that all the rabbanim said it but this Rav didn't say it shows that it's not important'.

When a rich person says something, somehow it makes more of a ruckus.

But he's not the first person to say it.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 8:29 am
gittelchana wrote:
It seemed quite passionate and emotional to me.

Could still be rational. Not mutually exclusive.

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 8:41 am
Mevater wrote:
BDE.

Where are all the "know it alls", who mentioned in another thread that they know where Rechnitz stays when in Lakewood, and the "know it alls" who know that Roshei Yeshiva asked him to apologize? Wouldnt they know what he is/was doing in Maimonides?

Where are they now?

according to VIN he was niftar in maimonidies.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics