Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I am probably the ONLY imamother who has never...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 5:04 am
amother wrote:
How does this work? Am I using my debit card? Right now I have enough points to buy a coffee pot. How many years until I get a ticket???

Do you have a link where I can read about it? THANKS!

There are a few websites and blogs that tell you about accumulating points.
Dans deals is what I would recommend because he gives a thorough education but be prepared to read and research alot because its not an instant education, takes time to learn and do right.

Not that I ever used points to fly to Israel but there are ways to easily get points if done right.
If I had points now I'd faster sell it to live off of than to fly but if its your dream to get to Israel, by all means use it for that!

Jewishmom8

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 5:33 am
just to give you hope at one point in my life I had never been and really never though I would.
I am living here for 15 years now :-)
you never know what will happen in your life

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 5:54 am
amother wrote:
How does this work? Am I using my debit card? Right now I have enough points to buy a coffee pot. How many years until I get a ticket???

Do you have a link where I can read about it? THANKS!

It's in the sign up bonuses and shopping within their rules to accumulate the points. Like $3 for every $1 you spend in grocery stores and the like. Some use three different cards to milk the most out of them.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 6:02 am
I only got to go after I was married and we did it through mileage points. Everybody in the tours thought it was hilarious that I was a first timer while all the kids and teens were not. The tour guides went out of their way for me😊

We would love to go back but I can't get enough vacation days. Maybe in ten years when we can both request vacation days at the same time and the kids are older.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 8:01 am
I know many people who have never been.

We did a newlywed trip on a tight budget, I know many people who wish they can go or go back but can't because they can't afford to or/and life is too busy/ complicated. Too many factors involved like time off from work or don't have anyone to leave ids with etc.

Most of people that I know went for seminary, as working singles or newly marrieds.
Even on a tight budget, it is costly.

Regarding Florida, I didn't go until I was 40! And was not vacation, was for a family event.

PAMOM

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 8:08 am
Did it through credit card points. We waited for the best offer (free points for getting a credit card). Make sure you can use them for an airline that flies from your airport to Israel. We've used Delta and USAir frequent flyer programs. Then we charge everything on that card--appliances, insurance, down payment for a car, office rent, everything! My husband also travels sometimes for business--he looks for double points deals and always flies that airline. Just remember to pay off whatever you charge. Some friends pay off larger charges the same day they charge to resist temptation to carry a balance.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 8:50 am
amother wrote:
been to Israel! And not going anytime soon!

How does everyone do it? I feel like I am literally the only one in my area who has never been to Israel. And my kids. Never been and we live paycheck to paycheck, just managing to eke by every month, so how are we ever going to go?

There's no birthright trip for families. So how does everyone do it? All those people who go for yom tov and for their second cousin's bar mitzvah? How do you do it? Do you just have rich relatives? I would love to go, but isn't it like 1000 a ticket? Even on sale like 600? And to take a family? Isn't this like a $ 5000 trip?

WHAT IS YOUR SECRET????

Amother because embarrassed.

Me too.
Not embarrassed but too much personal info. One of my parents was terminally ill while I was in high school. Then I wanted to go one summer but there was another family illness that came up. That summer I got engaged. After that no I couldn't afford it either.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
I have no desire to go. I was at a place when terrorists attacked in a different country. And I have no desire to be at risk again.

There are trips sponsored for moms - free getaways to EY. I saw signs at my gym announcing them.

Who sponsors them?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 9:15 am
I've never went in my life. My oldest son went for his Bar Mitzvah with my DH ...it was both the first time for my DH and son, the tickets were paid with credit card mileage. What my DH does, every time we make a purchase, DH uses the mileage cc and then immediately makes a payment from his bank to the cc for the amount of the purchase, so that we get the mileage but pay cc right away. That was the ONLY way they were able to do it. IY"H my next son chose to go to E"Y for his bar mitzvah instead of having a thing in a hall, but he'll be going with my DH and I wont be going along either.

scrltfr

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 9:48 am
I went when I was little, again when single and then when I was first married as a gift from my in laws. I have two little ones now and have no desire to travel that far with them. Florida is hard enough.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 10:03 am
Went for my honeymoon saw the country north to south. Now Id rather travel to a place I've never been to before. The world is so big I want to see as much of it as possible.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 10:42 am
I've been many times as a youngster with my parents.
Now I just can't afford 500+ euros per ticket (though I could choose to boycott Elal and go with a charter etc) and I also can't afford two hotel rooms or a rental in any area where we would be close enough to see family.

My FIL has never been, my uncle has never been... some are afraid (another reason why I don't go anymore but used to before), some are uninterested (sadly)...

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 11:26 am
I haven't been to Israel in 10 years. I went as a teenager with my parents and several siblings for 5 day quick trip.
Desperate to go back but don't see it happening for a good few years at least.

I sometimes feel like I am the only person who has never been on a vacation with her husband (honeymoon style). We have done one night hotel trip for my birthday when we were newly married (a leave after work be back at work on time the next day kinda thing) and that was it.
We did do our first "family vacation" recently though and that was awesome. After so many years, it was well deserved. Growing up we never went on beach vacations or such major trips to Florida, LA etc and I would love to do all that now.
I am kinda desperate for a proper destination vacation with my husband alone.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 11:28 am
OP, I think I can top this.

I've never been to Israel and........ I've never been to Miami!!!!
I live in NY and I'm 30.
Something always got in the way, especially financials.

I'd love to go to Israel. It's my dream. I'm trying to save up but hoping Moshiach comes FAST.

phoebe12

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 11:32 am
I'm 34 and I've never been. It's a huge expense.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 12:32 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
I haven't been to Israel in 10 years. I went as a teenager with my parents and several siblings for 5 day quick trip.
Desperate to go back but don't see it happening for a good few years at least.

I sometimes feel like I am the only person who has never been on a vacation with her husband (honeymoon style). We have done one night hotel trip for my birthday when we were newly married (a leave after work be back at work on time the next day kinda thing) and that was it.
We did do our first "family vacation" recently though and that was awesome. After so many years, it was well deserved. Growing up we never went on beach vacations or such major trips to Florida, LA etc and I would love to do all that now.
I am kinda desperate for a proper destination vacation with my husband alone.

My husband and I went to Niagara Falls when it was a few hours from where we lived. An overnight trip. Really nice. We did have a ten month old with us. She was a little sick but pretty easy.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
OP, I think I can top this.

I've never been to Israel and........ I've never been to Miami!!!!
I live in NY and I'm 30.
Something always got in the way, especially financials.

I'd love to go to Israel. It's my dream. I'm trying to save up but hoping Moshiach comes FAST.

Neither have I and I'm old enough to be your...never mind.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jan 29 2016, 2:00 pm
I was never in Israel either. Not as a girl, not since I'm married, NEVER. Neither has my husband. We are married for close to 9 years.

MomTu

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:01 am
Obviously, you are NOT the ONLY Imamother who has never been to Israel. I was there ONCE as a single girl and I'm almost 40.
Praying that Moshiach comes now!

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:32 am
I was there for one summer over 20 years ago and have no desire to go back. I dream of taking my girls to Florida while dh takes ds to EY.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics