Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Crayon theme

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:11 am
whats the simplest but sort of ties into crayons for shalach manos. don't have the head for to complicated and expensive.

forgot to mention im in israel

booboomom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:48 pm
Colorful layered salad. (Tomatoes, corn, peppers, purple cabbage...)

kiwi strawberry

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:57 pm
I would look for cheap crayon containers you can find online that are in the shape of a big crayon, and then fill each with everthing with that color, like the red with all red things, the purple with everything purple, etc.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 12:44 am
I would but they don't sell the containers here in israel thats affordable at least.....
and salad is nice idea but pricey Sad
nice idea though

imasinger

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 7:04 am
Have your kids color paper plates with crayons, cut in half,staple, fill. (You could color a crayon on each one, too.)

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 7:09 am
thats cute! maybe they will do that for there shalach manos to there friends!

SingALong

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 1:38 pm
My neighbors kids dressed up like crayons and she gave out mini black n white cookies just in assorted colors. Put the cookies in a small plastic jar with a ribbon and a poem.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:13 am
SingALong wrote:
My neighbors kids dressed up like crayons and she gave out mini black n white cookies just in assorted colors. Put the cookies in a small plastic jar with a ribbon and a poem.

I love this idea the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to find s/t to put it in but thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

newmother

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 8:01 am
Pick a color, any color and get all the candy in that color. If your kids are blue crayons it probably will be cuter if you give a totally blue mm (for example) but you can pick another color if its easier!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 8:19 am
we are doing all dif colors

OMG!

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:15 am
I did crayons too one year. I made 3 colors crayon cookies. Wrapped individually and tied together on a small grapejuice. Was so much fun to make and cute! Might have a picture for u

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:36 am
I'm also doing this this year :-)

I'm planning on making breadsticks and wrapping in "crayola" crayon wrappers, putting in cellophane bags with colorful paper ribbon. Not sure if anything else is going in yet...

Kids are putting nosh in their colors in their color little bags- very simple!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:49 am
OMG! wrote:
I did crayons too one year. I made 3 colors crayon cookies. Wrapped individually and tied together on a small grapejuice. Was so much fun to make and cute! Might have a picture for u

wud luv to see!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
I'm also doing this this year :-)

I'm planning on making breadsticks and wrapping in "crayola" crayon wrappers, putting in cellophane bags with colorful paper ribbon. Not sure if anything else is going in yet...

Kids are putting nosh in their colors in their color little bags- very simple!

whats ur second food?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:53 am
Copper, these MM aren't really our "mitzvah" MM, we give other things to teachers and rebbeim etc. But, I was playing with the idea of doing colorful pepper stalks with dressing too, not positive though.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 3:35 pm
I would go with colorful food and package in cellophane with a label thats a crayon box with happy purim from the---------
Ideas for colorful food:

french macaroons

colorful veggie platter

a skewer with cut fruit;
strawberry
orange cantaloupe
pineapple
green grape
blueberry
purple grape

yellow cupcakes with colorful sprinkles mixed in

colorful jelly beans/ gummy snakes/ bears - seperate by color in little cellophane bags

cake pops-different colors

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 3:38 pm
just relized that in israel u don't have pineapple or blueberries

Use mango instead of pineapple

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 3:40 pm
also u can buy hrd plastic cups and glue gun crayons around it as a package and fill witrh anything....

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 3:43 pm
it would also be really easy to make sugar cookies, cut them into a crayon shape, royal ice or fondant a color on top, and make a chocolate oal in the middle and a double squiggly line at each end...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics