Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Snow tubing in upstate New York

copypaste

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 5:37 pm
Hi, I want to treat my kids to go snow tubing. Anyone knows of a place close by we can go at night? Ages 7-13.
Thanks.

Maya

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 5:40 pm
There's Campgaw in Mahwah New Jersey, near the border of Monsey/Monroe area. We go skiing there and the tubing looks like great fun. They do sell out their tickets pretty fast over the weekends so see if you can reserve online before you go.

itsme123

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 8:37 pm
Campgaw is fun! Holiday mountains exit 107 also good!

momoftwo2

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:10 pm
We took the kids to camelback one weekend. It was awesome!

sky

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:17 pm
I just did research because we went last night and I wanted my youngest to be able to go:
- Camp Ski Gaw - must be over 42" to ride, only single tubes
- Shawnee Mountain - have tandem tubes, under 47" can ride with someone else, over 47" can ride alone
- Fernwood - Have a tot area for 30" and taller
- Blue Mountain (not really upstate NY) - Have family tubes. Minimum 36" to ride, and will tie tubes together so parents can go down with children in single tubes.

Double check all my heights please because I'm going from memory.

Also there was a difference in how long sessions were: 2 - 3 hours
Or when you can start. Some had set starting times, and others had that you could start on the hour.
I'm not sure if there are night hours during the week but they should have on Sundays, and I heard and saw its much quieter then.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:32 pm
sky wrote:
I just did research because we went last night and I wanted my youngest to be able to go:
- Camp Ski Gaw - must be over 42" to ride, only single tubes
- Shawnee Mountain - have tandem tubes, under 47" can ride with someone else, over 47" can ride alone
- Fernwood - Have a tot area for 30" and taller
- Blue Mountain (not really upstate NY) - Have family tubes. Minimum 36" to ride, and will tie tubes together so parents can go down with children in single tubes.

Double check all my heights please because I'm going from memory.

Also there was a difference in how long sessions were: 2 - 3 hours
Or when you can start. Some had set starting times, and others had that you could start on the hour.
I'm not sure if there are night hours during the week but they should have on Sundays, and I heard and saw its much quieter then.

Which place did you go?

sky

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:39 pm
We went to Blue Mountain because of the family tubes, my younger kids enjoyed it a lot. And they let the shorter kids go. And they tied tubes together. And they let you join on the hour rather then wait for a specific time and they were open really late Sunday night. It was a blast. (we left after the boys finished school). It was almost empty after 7:00. At 5:00 already you saw a lot of people leaving.

You can bring an urn or water heater and plug in there (may want to bring your own water for convenience) and make hot cocoa, coffee, cup a soups there. It is a lot of fun. At blue Mountain there was a lodge right off the mountain with tables, very comfortable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics