Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Diaper sizes

lucky14

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 5:42 pm
Is there a difference in sizing between brands? Pampers swaddlers newborn seem to be getting too small for my baby, but we have Luvs size 1 and those seem HUGE. Is there something in-between? Will different brands fit differently? I'm a first time mom and not really completely sure how to tell if a diaper is too small or too big Sad

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 5:47 pm
There totally is. Pampers 1 is smaller than luvs 1

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 7:42 pm
I found a difference between Luvs and other brands. Luvs run big but the extra space didn't help... Pampers and Huggies were the same and much more absorbent. I hated Luvs (even though they are made by the same manufacturer as pampers: PG!) as I found them to fit weird and didn't hold any moisture, were always leaking even with changing often, and smelled. Baby dry by pampers is also bad, but not to the same extent as Luvs (same reason).

It also depends on your child. Some kids are chubbier, some taller... It's a hit or miss, I ended up giving some diapers to a friend who liked a store brand I hated.

dovy

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:23 pm
We use the Wal-Mart or target brand, I stock up when they are on sale. These are great diapers. I had leaking problems with pampers in the past. These sizes usually work well with the weight they recommend; but still, every child is different. I use size 3 and 4 on our 5 month old and 2 yr old Wink

lizard8

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:37 pm
Try pampers size 1. Fyi target has a deal on diapers now buy2, get a gift card. If you buy 2 huge boxes of diapers (around $45) you get a $30 gift card.

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 9:32 pm
Thanks. I'll try a different brand. Yeah these size 1 Luvs are HUGE. Keep leaking. and the swaddlers newborn were def. getting too small.
(and thanks for the Target tip, lizard8)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics