Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Moisturizer ideas

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 6:04 pm
Please help me out here ladies. I have very dry skin on my face during winter times and I am tired to keep on spending money on oils and moisturizers that promise to help and do opposite. I have used rose oil. Olive oil. Coconut oil. Baobab oil. Almond oil. Many creams and lotions including oil free lotion but no avail. Please advice. Have you used any Ava Andersen products if yes which one and what was ur experience. Thank you ladies

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 6:37 pm
do you exfoliate? I find that to be necessary. exfoliate before moisturizing. I like to layer moisturizers. I like to use rose hip oil and vitamin e oil overnight, rose hip oil and ahava water-based body lotion in the morning. also, use a moisturizing facial cleanser if you can.

mammala120

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:16 am
Which vitamin e oil do u use. And amount please. I tried bit e once but it was very sticky I know there are better products but I don't know which vit e company please advice. I find exfoliating actually irritating to my skin.

Rose816

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 7:23 am
I have never used an Ava Anderson product, but a moisturizer that I could recommend is Clinique's Moisture Surge. A little goes a long way, and I personally saw a huge improvement. I had a simcha to go to, and I had washed my face a few too many times to clear up my skin..when I went to get my makeup done, I had a couple VERY dry patches. The lady gave me some of the moisturizer to use and it was INCREDIBLE.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 8:11 am
mammala120 wrote:
Which vitamin e oil do u use. And amount please. I tried bit e once but it was very sticky I know there are better products but I don't know which vit e company please advice. I find exfoliating actually irritating to my skin.

I actually use nature's bounty vitamin e capsules. one or two capsules each time. I pierce the capsules with an earring and squeeze the oil out. yes, it is sticky. it's very thick. that's why I use it at night. I find putting the rose hip oil on first helps the vitamin e oil spread better. there is a visible glow to my skin in the morning, and my skin no longer feels dry when I wake up. it absorbs really nicely overnight. it takes some getting used to, but I find it worth it.

as for exfoliating, what do you use? a washcloth and a face scrub should do. don't use anything harsh. you can use oil and sugar if the products on the market irritate you. don't use anything rough.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 10:16 am
I use baby oil after the shower. I wash my face w cetaphil and once a wk. with Neutrogena exfoliator. either way my skin is dry after. I apply baby oil with my hands. its oily but it get absorbed with a little time and in the morn my skin feels and looks great.

mammala120

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 10:31 am
So many ideas. Thank you all ladies I will look into buying Clinique and vie e oil. Sounds great. I used different products for face wash. The only one worked was neutrogina but fragrance made my eyes itch a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics