Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to monsey

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:56 am
We're moving to monsey bzh. I'm suddenly terrified.
We don't know anyone in monsey. And the area were moving to is a bit further out. The streets called cottonwood- near wilder and dike dr.
Is anyone familiar with the area and can reassure me pls

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 1:00 pm
I live near there. It's a pretty area.
What exactly do you want to be reassured of?
Have you bought a house?
If you give me some information about your background, age/kids, I can help you with specific concerns like shuls, places to take your kids and where to meet like minded people.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 1:11 pm
It's a beautiful area. I live in Wesley Hills about a 5 minute drive from there.
I don't consider that far out at all. It's out of things in a good way. Beautiful scenery, less traffic, it's more suburban, almost rural compared to main Monsey lately.
What schools are you planning on sending your kids too?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 5:57 pm
Always scary moving to a new place. But that is not far out. How old are you? Do you have children? If so what ages? What are you looking for in s community? Lots of Wesley people here and we will help you out!

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:34 pm
I haven't applied but we're hoping to send our 4 yr old to ysv. Dunno where I'll send my 2&3 yr olds.
That's part of what's making me so nervous. Three little kids. A quiet block with older families.
And I'm bzh expecting another soon after we move! right now I have a housekeeper who's great with my kids. A mature babysitter available nights and weekends. My mom or mil for emergencies. And a neighbor I can call at 3 am when the time comes. In monsey I have no one.
Also in monsey dentist pediatrician Sheitel ma her... Will all be new.
And I'm an introvert. And shy. So Meeting new people is overwhelming.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:55 pm
Actually for many people looking to buy homes in Monsey, that is THE place to be!! For young families specifically :-)

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 9:04 pm
the situation you describe would be tough to leave as a mother of young close in age children

can you make a plan for childcare help now? before the move? interview? word of mouth?

even bring housekeeper or mom or mil to help you while you initially get settled in?

hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 9:19 pm
Where are you coming from? What made you decide to move and why'd you pick Monsey?

alef12

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 9:34 pm
Don't want to make this a discussion about schools but if you're really thinking about ysv you should probably call them. Tomorrow. They may already be full.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:31 pm
We're moving from Flatbush. We've been thinking of moving to monsey for a while cuz our house is small, monseys more affordable, ok commute for dh...
Then I saw 2 pink lines on the pg test and knew we have to move now. Cuz there's no room for a new baby in our already overcrowded house. So we looked at house and made an offer. It's not everything we wanted but it's the best for now.
My mom and mil are really only for moral support or major emergencies. They don't like to/ aren't very good at babysitting or helping out in general. So I don't expect to get any help from them. I will need to hire help for when baby comes, but we're really stretching our budget so I can't hire till were closer to my due date.
I've been told it's a nice neighborhood. Which is why we're moving there. But there are no families like ours on our block. Everything is a walk or a drive and I wish I wasn't meeting ppl first when I'm a pg mess or pp
Wow. This really seems scary. Tx for listening

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:16 pm
hopefully all will go well and even better than expected

you will meet people through your children and the schools

not to mention your husband and shul

and probably lots of women like you in the same boat

hatzlocha and hugs

gold21

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:26 pm
I moved out of brooklyn to a new community (not Monsey) a few years ago when I was pregnant. It worked out okay, BH. Dont worry. Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating