Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working evening hours

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:24 am
Can anyone who works evening hours, either at home or not at home, please tell me all about how it works for you. In terms of everything, household things, children, babysitters. Whatever you can tell me about it.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:44 am
well my kids are 9 year old twins- excellent sleepers--- so once I put them down I rarely hear from them again. So my evening gets divided between work stuff, exercise, and tidying up. I can stop the work stuff anytime to tend to them because I work for myself and my schedule is flexible--- I just prefer to work in the evenings so that I have time during the days for errands and volunteer work. And yep, I work at home. But at 9, there's not much tending to them anymore. I do social media work for small businesses and I also sell skin care/ cosmetics. So sometimes I'm on the computer and sometimes a skin care client comes over and sometimes I'm doing paperworky stuff--- it's all flexible enough that I can be on the kids whenever needed. It was much harder in the past when one twin took a zillion years to fall asleep and jumped so hard on the bed he broke beds, etc. Generally now I put them down around 8:00 and that's it. So 8 to 10 I'll work on stuff, 10 to 11 I'll exercise, 11 to 12 I'll tidy up.... I rarely go to bed before 12:30. People who like to SLEEP after 10 pm have it rougher. Smile

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:28 am
So I work a few days a week out of the home...it's not overnight but a few hours in late afternoon/evening. Luckily I have a relative who can watch DC until DH or I get off, and gives dinner. I take toddler home and put to bed. I cook in the morning, crockpots are my friend! I clean then too... But yeah, cleaning isn't really done. Toddler home with me all day.
Major problem is figuring out when to do baths. And I constantly am in a rush so tooth brushing is also neglected, I am working on that!
It's not ideal but what I have to do now.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:35 am
To twinsmomny
Im looking to work at home. Are you self employed or from a company. I live in uk.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:39 am
What do you consider evening hours? Anything after 5? Anything after 7?

I nearly took a job from 7-10:30, it was out the house but dh would be home from work by then and it would save us money on babysitters.
I didn't end up doing that because I work full time as it is and don't get home until 6:15 pm on a good day so it would have been way too much for me.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:42 am
In talking about work in the afternoon from home

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:22 pm
lawngreen--- both. I've diversified greatly. So I'm with a direct sales company and a network marketing company, AND I have a service business. If you're in the UK I can't recruit you into the direct sales business, but if you have an American addy (maybe your parents live here) and a social security number I could recruit you into the network marketing company. pm me if that describes you and you're interested in a phone interview. I'd be your recruiter and trainer, but essentially you'd be self employed through the company as I am. (with all of my stuff I can work any time of day I want to---- I just have a good rhythm in the evenings---- I'm NOT a morning person).

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:34 pm
No noone in americašŸ˜«

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 2:05 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
What do you consider evening hours? Anything after 5? Anything after 7?

I nearly took a job from 7-10:30, it was out the house but dh would be home from work by then and it would save us money on babysitters.
I didn't end up doing that because I work full time as it is and don't get home until 6:15 pm on a good day so it would have been way too much for me.
Im the OP. I mean something from about 4 - 11 at night. (Im in Israel so it is called american hours)

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 4:13 pm
I work from home afternoon evening hours. my kids go to a babysitter for 1.5 to 2 hrs. then we do supper baths bedtime, and then back to work. the longer break I take, the later I finish at night. oh and then I spend a few min for dinner with my DH.
it's difficult, the question is how willing are you to make it work, and your DH needs to be a partner in it. My DH will throw in a load of laundry when I need and will prepare sandwiches for the kids school for the next day etc. he will even run to the grocery if we need and do a shopping. so by him helping out, makes it possible to work. in the mornings I cook dinner, clean and run errands the best that I can. let me know if you have any other questions

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 4:16 pm
What do you so exactly?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 5:04 pm
I do. I'm a pt and a lot of pts need those evening hours.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 5:13 pm
So you are just telling me what you do or I can do it from home? Im confused.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics