Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Epcot (orlando, FL) yay or nay?
1  2  Next

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:42 am
hi y'all. have you been to Epcot? is it awesome? boring? too much walking? what ages is it geared to most?

trying to decide if should put it in my itinerary or not.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:47 am
I went with a baby. It was nice because it was baby-friendly but if I was there without a baby, I probably wouldn't go.

cm

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:07 pm
I love Epcot! Haven't been there in years, so I don't know what the current exhibits are like. At the time there was not much for very little kids.

It depends on your family's interests. I recommend showing them a brochure and see if they are interested. There is a lot of walking, but that is the nature of theme parks.

gande

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 2:08 pm
Yay for Epcot! It is interesting for all ages with exibits in science and interesting thrilling one of a kind rides. There are sections for various countries and it seems so real. The day after we went to magic kingdom and we found it quite boring.

Lukshen

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 4:46 pm
Definitely do Epcot! Disney's most beautiful park, IMHO. There's something for everyone there.

markmywords

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 5:52 pm
We found it hard with kids (middle elementary aged).
The front part of the park is rides. They have some fun ones, including a design your own vehicle by Chevrolet, with a super fast winding race track ride (and I mean super fast) in a car for about six people and some other cute rides.
Deeper into the park is the world showcase with interesting buildings and knicknacks (from each country) and a few movies for different countries. It's mostly shopping, which is fun for adults but can get tough with kids. The Mexico area has a woman who makes glass jewelry in front of an audience (my kids liked that) and a boat ride.
Colonial America has a movie showing the history (interesting and kids liked it) and the Liberty Inn building sells double wrapped kosher meals under OU (hot dogs, etc).
I really like Epcot and definitely think it's worth seeing but found that the kids liked Magic Kingdom and the Universal parks MUCH more.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 10:07 am
I have never been but it is on my list to go. I was told by several people who went that it is amazing but for older kids/adults not for little kids.

SingALong

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:37 pm
I just went, have kids ages 2-12, I found it a bit boring. We did magic kingdom the next day which they loved. I regret not going to animal kingdom instead of Epcot. I didn't go to the world showcase by Epcot since it was mostly shopping and not activities.

wazup

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:42 pm
I found it very boring compared to the other parks. most of it was restaurants and shopping and after spending so much money to get in that wasn't exactly what we were looking for. I looooved magic kingdom and hollywood studios- would definitely go there over Epcot.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:59 pm
I love Epcot! I think it's really interesting. Also there are very cool rides there. Might not be great for little kids as there's a lot of walking around to see the different country exhibits.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:07 am
How much does it cost per person Epcot and Disney

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:28 am
Epcot is so much more interesting than Magic Kingdom. I remember going when I was ~10 and I loved the educational aspects of it. I had siblings in kindergarten and they loved it too. It's not just dry, educational material - it's still Disney.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:32 am
I went a few times with my kids at that time ages 9 until two. It was a lot of fun. First of all soaring is their best ride everyone loved it all my kids still talk about it basically you really feel like you are flying. Bits in the beginning of the park.

Also to make it fun for kids you buy a passport in the gift shop when you enter the park I think it's ten dollars and every country that you go to you get a stamp and they sign it in their language the kids love it and look forward to going to every country.

Also every country has a kiosk station where you can make a flag and his is for free and if you get a chain from every country at the end of the park you get a free prize. It's fun for the kids to do and free.

There are also fun rides to do in different country's.

My kids loved it and also there are princesses too in this park that my kids were excited to take pictures with.

Magic kingdom is my next favorite park definitely the most crowded but it is all the rides. If your kids are looking for real roller coasters this is not the park for you because the park is outdated and the rides are old. I dont think they put a new ride into that park in the last twenty years maybe just mine craft which they put in last year but it's not even a good roller coaster. Magic kingdom is more to go to just because you have to say that you went.

Animal kingdom is fun the first time I went we didn't like it so much so I left very little time To go to it last year we went on a Friday and I felt bad that I didn't give it a whole day. There are nice shows there.

Hollywood studios / mgm to me is boring three show you. How to make movies but again it's the same thing as what it was twenty years ago not updated at all.

Universal studios is for kids ages nine and up so if your kids are younger I would not do that park.

Sea world was fun. Years ago as a single I dont remember it being so fun so I never went back there last year on a trip to Disney I had an extra day so I figured why not Andy kids loved it that I had to make another trip back there again.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:50 pm
thank you Periwinkle for taking the time to break everything down so nicely.

we don't really go for wild rides (or any rides) so ur summary is very helpful.

thanks

fleetwood

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:31 pm
fyi,soarin is closed for refurbishing.

markmywords

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:34 pm
Universal has the Harry Potter sections.
You can buy a special magic wand and the kids can activate various displays as though they're doing magic. There are stores and rides and a "dragon" on top of a building that spews fire periodically.
It's really fun for anyone who is a Harry potter fan.

Butterfly07

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:37 pm
Epcot was fun! A bit educational too Smile
Walking is something you will be doing in any park you choose..

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:02 pm
Soarin is closed for how long? That is an amazing ride I loved it as a teenager and I still love it now.

Universal studios and Harry Potter is more rides oriented and for kids ages nine and older. I read up a lot about it and asked friends because I am in Orlando all the time and I still didn't do that park yet because my kids are too little.

The nice thing about Disney parks and why it's everyone's favorites because they made the park in a smart way. Every area has fun things to do for kids and adults and always has some
Movie for those that want to escape the heat. It's broken up smartly that a family with kids of all ages can stay together the whole entire time.

Universal is fun but if you come with a ten year old and let's say a five year old the husband and wife will be split up the whe day.

Disney is very family oriented.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 7:53 pm
I went with kids ages 1-16. My kids all voted number one for Epcot. We loved it!!!!! It's great for all ages. It's a stunning park. United States there has kosher frozen meals.

Previous poster-there were rides by each country? I think you meant performances, no?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 8:09 pm
No every country had something to do either a performance or a ride. But there was something to do.

If you go it's worth $10 to buy the passport I bought one for all of my kids to share but they saved and it was fun getting it signed. Some people buy each child their own.

Honestly Disney is packed and overcrowded and indent think it is worth the money they charge but it is an experience to go.

If you go during vacation season there is Chabad who sells tickets for cheaper and also someone else who is way cheaper than Chabad I can look up the number for you.

Even with discount prices it's expensive. Just so you know he only way to get cheap Disney tickets is to go as a youth program or youth group then tickets are 50 percent off and every ten tickets you get two free tickets. But to qualify for a youth you need at least ten youths.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics