Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Please help!!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:35 pm
I don't know what forum to post this on.‪ I need help... My mother is critically sick in the hospital. Drs are not optimistic. Doctor basically said she may have to go on a ventilator soon and then it's all down hill from there. I don't like the hospital or the doctors there (it's not a great hospital to begin with but she's there because it's the closest and hatzala took her there last week). Is there anyone I can speak with who can help??? Maybe switch hospitals?? Someone to talk to? Someone who knows the hospital system and has a say??? Please this is urgent!!! Please daven for Chaya baila bas Malka Rivka.

happyone

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:36 pm
Where areyou located?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:40 pm
It should be possible to switch to a better hospital. Where is she? (Which area and/or which hospital?)

Refuah Shelaima.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:40 pm
She's in Brooklyn

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:47 pm
Brooklyn Hospital? Would you want her in NYU instead? Where would you want her switched to?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:54 pm
Op here- she's in Maimonides hospital right now. I would love to get her switched to a better hospital but I'm not sure if that's possible at this point. I feel like she's not getting the right care she needs. I want someone who I can speak to for this? A professional who knows the medical field and if anything more can be done at this point.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:09 pm
Why don't you call Refuah Resources (Rabbi Shuky Berman) for advice? 718 437 7474. They should be able to guide you in getting her the best care etc.

talented

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:18 pm
of course depending which hospital she is in or where you would want to transfer her to. try the organization Chaim Aruchim first. Their first mission is to help the patient prolong life. I am at work now and don't have their number. But you can google it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:43 am
amother wrote:
I don't know what forum to post this on.‪ I need help... My mother is critically sick in the hospital. Drs are not optimistic. Doctor basically said she may have to go on a ventilator soon and then it's all down hill from there. I don't like the hospital or the doctors there (it's not a great hospital to begin with but she's there because it's the closest and hatzala took her there last week). Is there anyone I can speak with who can help??? Maybe switch hospitals?? Someone to talk to? Someone who knows the hospital system and has a say??? Please this is urgent!!! Please daven for Chaya baila bas Malka Rivka.

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time.
I wish for your mother a refuah sheleim bkorov.

My grandmother who is over 90 was put on a ventilator after suffering a cardiac arrest which caused multiple organ shut-down. B"H her organs suddenly started functioning again, and eventually she started breathing on her own. She eventually came off the ventilator and her organs are all working fine. Hashem can perform miracles. The doctors were left speechless.

Hang in, have hope. With emuna, bitochon and tefila things can go a long way.

If you are not happy with your mothers care and want her transferred (we transferred our grandmother from the hospital where Hatzolah had taken her) then you should definitely try and arrange this.
There is someone in Boro Park called Yocheved Fischer (she used to be an admin at Maimonides) and now does Medical Advocacy and Referrals. Please try contacting her. I do not have her number around but perhaps someone reading this can come up with it or direct you to someone else who can arrange a transfer to a better hospital.

Hatzlocha and wishing you all the best.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:49 am
My mother was nifteres 5 years ago. She was taken to coney isl Hosp.
I was told that Maimonides was 10 times better than CI but she was too weak to be transferred

jflower

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 7:19 pm
A friend gave me number for Judy Fischer 718 435 3312 who helped her find the right doctor/hospital for a family member.

She is included in this list, which has lots of info:

http://www.beineinu.org/medica.....rrals medical referrals

Please let us know how your mother is doing. Refuah Shelaima.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 7:20 am
Op here. Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately, my mother is at the point where she can't be transferred. She is on a ventilator and doctors are saying it would take a miracle to save her. Please daven for Chaya baila bas Malka Rivka!!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 9:21 am
amother wrote:
Op here. Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately, my mother is at the point where she can't be transferred. She is on a ventilator and doctors are saying it would take a miracle to save her. Please daven for Chaya baila bas Malka Rivka!!

Tefilos said and continued when I see the thread again.
You might still want to have numbers like Chayim Aruchim, etc. on hand for future questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed