Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Ever Give Birth to Your Grandmother?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:16 am
I was wondering if any of you have had a strong intuition, dream, or idea that one of your children (in or already out of the womb) may have the neshoma of a deceased relative.

Do those of you who know about gilgulim think such a thing is possible?
Would it be possible for someone who has not been niftar for a year?

I also hears somewhere that neshomas with certain merit have some say in who their parents will be.

Would a neshoma ask Hashem to be born to their daughter or daughter-in-law, I wonder?

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:24 am
hm interesting ... I hear eerie music ...

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:27 am
Well, you guessed it, it's me, Mrs. eerie

(Oh, why do I bother posting anon...)

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:28 am
lol ... I did name my kid after grandmothers ... yes 2 with the same name ... I haven't seen her yet ...

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:36 am
it would seem very strange but I don't know... what aboutmothers who passed away?? I'm not sure about my mothe though cus she wend motzei yom kippur a time tha they say is very special and yopu go straight to gan eden??...

Blossom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:37 am
I really hope that all my deceased relatives are in Gan Eden.

And because you specifically asked Grandmother....Both of my grandmothers went through the holocaust....So I believe that Hashem has rewarded them immensely and they are in Gan-Eden.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 3:42 am
then why does it become so important to name after people ... there must be something we don't know ...

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 4:48 am
Maybe some neshamas want to come back to do more mitzvos...Maybe they want an even greater connection to hashem through mitzvos done on this Earth so when they finally go to Gan Eden, it will be on a higher plane..

It is an interesting paradox... on the one hand, we hope they are in gan Eden...on the other hand, men wear tzitzit inside when they go to the ceremony out of respect for the dead who are pained about not being able to do physical mitzvos.

Dh says for the first year of life, souls come back to Earth every Shabbos and want to make kiddush, daven and do physical mitzvos...

Maybe it depends on how long someone has been niftar, and maybe this desire to come goes away.

For instance, my husband's father saw him becoming frum and wanted to learn more and do more before he died.

Food for thought...

Similar story about grandmother.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 4:49 am
Sorry men wear tzitzit in when they go to the cemetary not ceremony...(I wish I could edit on this anon feature)

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 5:57 am
we names our dd after dh's great aunt who we were very close with (she never had children but was like their grandmother). his great aunt passed away while I was pregnant with dd. I also had the opportunity to name after my grandmother, who had passed away recently as well. but after dd was born there was something about her that we just knew she shared the same personality/neshama with dh's great aunt. dd is 10 months old and everyone says how similar her personality seems to be -- even at this young age.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 8:06 am
I heard that all the neshama that were killed in the holacaust have to come down before moshiach comes, that's why we see so many twins and triplets nowaday...

getting spooky!!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 8:30 am
^^^interesting!!

Quote:
I was wondering if any of you have had a strong intuition, dream, or idea that one of your children (in or already out of the womb) may have the neshoma of a deceased relative.

no
But my father is convinced I "am" his mother. He also named me after her, and we have many similar physical, mental and moral traits. Crazy huh.

Quote:

Do those of you who know about gilgulim think such a thing is possible?

I learned neshamas tend to stay in the same families, so definitely

Quote:

Would it be possible for someone who has not been niftar for a year?

a bit short maybe, but who knows!!

shoy18

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 8:49 am
I know a girl, who was having trouble during labor and they weren't sure the baby was going to make it. In the same hospital on a different floor this girls grandfather was very sick. The end of the story is at the exact moment the little baby boy made its first scream was when her grandfather passed away. It makes you wonder if indeed hashem needed this mans neshama to create another human. This is a true story!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 9:53 am
I have a son, ( he should live and be well) who was named after his grandfather. odd thing about this kid, without ever knowing his grandfather, he has so many of his mannerisms. for example....when he was very small, he used to sit down with a sigh, and ask me for a glass of tea.....what 2 year old asks his mom for a glass of tea? what two year old uses the word "glass" instead of cup? my grandfather used to do the same thing. this kid also went into the same line of work as his grandfather, food, and like his grandfather would use his last dime to feed people who didnt have. like his grandfather, he has his own mind ( which drives me nuts occasionally.his sister, ( she should live and be well) we named after said grandfathers wife. she too has the wifes mannerisms.. and the two kids fight like an old married couple.
go figure.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
.. and the two kids fight like an old married couple.
go figure.

lol Nervous ... now that is hilariously spooky

so let's not forget ... everything we do l'kavod the deceased is for an aliyah neshama ... even having a kid like them ...

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 11:25 am
With my first kids I felt like I was meeting them for the first time but with this past baby when they put her in my arms I had the most uncanny feeling that I already knew her. Its very hard to describe. I felt like I was being reunited with someone very close to me rather than meeting a new one.

jade

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 12:50 pm
We named our daughter for my husband's mother a"h - she is turning out to look EXACTLY like her - to the point where it is spooky - also a lot of mannerisms, personality traits are VERY similar - at least according to my FIL and dh. I never knew her myself, so I don't know if the last is maybe at least wishful thinking, but I can attest to the looks, since I've seen pictures.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics