Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Highland Park, NJ

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:04 am
Hello,

I am looking for info about the Highland Park, NJ, community and possible relocation there, or elsewhere. We are still exploring different options, and I was told Highland Park is a nice community.

Some things I would like to know about: cohesiveness, friendliness, cost of living, cost of schooling, etc. I think there's not a Chabad there from what I can tell. We would like a community with a Chabad presence if possible, but it's not necessary.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Feb 03 2016, 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:47 am
I grew up there, so I don't know anything about pricing.

It was a very cohesive community, with different types many shuls have a mix of types. I loved it there. It has grown a lot but I think the nice community feel is still there even tough many people don't know each other.

Rutgers is close by and the chabad rabbi at riggers lives in highland park. There was a Rabbi Goodman and his wife Sarah, if I remember correctly, and they had a big family, many of whom are probably in their 20s already.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:47 am
You are correct that there isn't a real Chabad community in HP, although there may be few individual families. Rutgers Chabad is about 2 miles away in College Ave in New Brunswick; I'm sure the director can tell you more.

mkwrites

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 5:32 pm
Great, thank you. I'm looking for someone who lives in the community that I could contact. Some communities have liaisons who do outreach. Anyone like that in Highland Park? Or just a BT family similar to ours? Our kids are 11, 10, 5 and 3.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 7:31 pm
fyi there are a lot of "Highland Park" communities in different states: New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating