Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Welcome package for new kallah. ideas please!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:29 am
I would like to send a package to my brothers kallah welcoming her to the family from all of us married sibs and grandkids. (big family) wiling to spend $$ but I need it for this shabbos. any ideas? I live in brklyn so buying should be accessible from here. tia!

WaterWoman

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:42 am
Do you have any ideas of things that she really likes (snacks, tchotchkes)? You can try to include those. Maybe you could also include something that represents your family (maybe a play on your last name or something)? Have fun with it. Mazal Tov!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 2:07 pm
I was looking for something more like 'welcome to the family' from all the grandkids.

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 2:25 pm
So nice! Mazal Tov! My future sisters-in-law sent me a gorgeous bouquet with a beautiful note welcoming me to the family when I got engaged. It was so sweet and meant a lot to me.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 2:45 pm
My SIL's gave me a silver and mahogany hadlakos neiros plaque soon after we were engaged with a very nice letter.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:08 pm
My sisnlaws sent me a beautiful basket from the pepprmill in bp with a bunch of kitchen things/gadgets. Im still using some today ......13 years later

mfb

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:27 pm
You can try "the little store" she has nice gifts packages nicely and very helpful.
She has kitchen gadgets, towels, potpourri, giftware....
Good luck!
She's at 5702 14th ave. Entrance on 57th street.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:50 pm
What a sweet idea!

Maybe have the nieces/nephews write nice letters or draw pictures to welcome the kallah. You can include some card/board games or toys to stock her new home with so that the kids have something to do when they go there. Include a note about how much they look forward to getting to know her or something along those lines.

Oh, and this will probably take too long to prepare to have ready for this shabbos, but put together a labeled photo album of all the family members so she can begin to learn everyone's names more easily.

Delores

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:59 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
You can include some card/board games or toys to stock her new home with so that the kids have something to do when they go there. Include a note about how much they look forward to getting to know her or something along those lines.

Oh, and this will probably take too long to prepare to have ready for this shabbos, but put together a labeled photo album of all the family members so she can begin to learn everyone's names more easily.

I don't think games for the kids and pictures of dh family members count as a gift.
What about a nice sign for their door with her new last name. You can add a note with something like "we're thrilled to have a new Smith family join the gang"

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:59 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
What a sweet idea!

This.
Read this earlier and was just coming back now to post this, but I see rutabaga did already. Especially if you have a large family, this will make things souch easier and less awkward for her.

You van include it in a package with other things, so it feels like more of a gift, not just pics of the family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics