Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What is going on in Baltimore, Safety wise??

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:11 am
My DH may have a job offer in Baltimore and we are strongly considering the move. I keep hearing about a crazy number of breakins and people being held at gun point and beaten up even without robberies. shock Don't get me wrong. I am not ignorant of where the community is located. I actually lived there for a year (15 years ago) so I am familiar with the community. Do people feel unsafe? Are you worried about your husbands or kids going out, or is this like many things it seems worse from the outside.

BrachaC

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 1:42 pm
I live in Baltimore, in the County. I grew up in the City and 20 years ago we never went to the cars by ourselves or took the trash to the alley without someone watching from the house... So, I am not sure that things are so different. There have definitely been sprees going on that have people on edge. On the whole the idea has been presented that we are seen as a "soft target" and that if people are vigilant about getting and setting alarms, locking cars, calling the police when there are suspicious people... that the perception will change and the neighborhood will get safer. That is the PC version... the non-PC version is that there are some people who see this as a reason to buy a gun or dog...

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 2:27 pm
The recent crimes have occurred both in City and County. The people responsible for the rash of break-ins have been arrested.

Regarding the assaults (different group of bad guys), I agree with the "soft target" comments above — both the PC and non-PC versions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating