Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for a Vacation Spot

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 2:51 pm
I need your help. My dh and I are planning to go away for 3 days with my 2 year old dd. A few prerequisites:
*max 3 hours from Brooklyn
*kosher restaurants a plus
*nice hotel with suites and a indoor pool
*a few interesting/fun things to do indoors/outdoors

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:03 pm
Three hour drive or flight?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:07 pm
Maya wrote:
Three hour drive or flight?

Drive

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:09 pm
Poconos ???

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:13 pm
Done with the Poconos

Last edited by amother on Tue, Feb 02 2016, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:46 pm
Not too many places within a 3 hour drive of NY have kosher restaurants. I'd say Philly is your best bet. There are definitely nice hotels there, or you could stay across the bridge in Cherry Hill, which also has restaurants and shuls and is probably cheaper. There are also nice activities - Camden Aquarium, Franklin Institute, Liberty Bell, mint, children's museum, etc. If you don't mind driving a drop farther, Baltimore would be a great option.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 6:30 pm
doctorima wrote:
Not too many places within a 3 hour drive of NY have kosher restaurants. I'd say Philly is your best bet. There are definitely nice hotels there, or you could stay across the bridge in Cherry Hill, which also has restaurants and shuls and is probably cheaper. There are also nice activities - Camden Aquarium, Franklin Institute, Liberty Bell, mint, children's museum, etc. If you don't mind driving a drop farther, Baltimore would be a great option.

I was thinking Baltimore too. What are some nice but not too boring (museums in Washington...) activities to do besides the aquarium? Also what is a nice hotel-not in inner Harbour?

thanks

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 7:45 pm
Deal, NJ

We went to a nice hotel in Engelwood NJ. It had an indoor pool, restaurants in Teaneck, NYC for entertainment.

Bsimcha

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 8:53 pm
Atlantic city

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 9:05 pm
I don't know hotels (check TripAdvisor), but Baltimore has many restaurants, and for activities, you've got Dave and Busters, Science Museum, Aquarium, Fort McHenry, and a great children's museum. DC has Spy Museum (very cool), National Zoo, Smithsonian Air and Space, Washington Monument, etc. You could also stay in Silver Spring, which is in between and has a couple of restaurant options.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:29 am
Thanks for all your help! We booked Baltimore!

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 7:53 am
Sounds great, enjoy! What hotel did you end up booking?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 8:18 am
Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 11:03 am
We're planning a few day trip to Blatimore too and was wondering what your experience was like. Did the hotel meet your expectations and what are some activities you did and places you visited? Thanks

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 11:40 am
The hotel was absolutely wonderful! I would've stayed even longer but I haf to go back to my kids. The room was amazing with a huge bathroom that had a bath tub you could fit an entire family in! The pool and hot tub was great.

We didn't do too much except walk around the inner harbor and do the world trade center tour (Groupon). But there is more to do there. Plus you have kosher restaurants, pizza, 7 mile market.... Minyanim galore
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics