Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How does one find a cleaning lady?
1  2  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 9:28 pm
How do I go about finding a cleaning lady? I tried asking a bunch of people in the community but no one wants to share theirs.

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:14 am
Try calling an agency. Where do you live?

tweety1

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:09 am
I got mine through the guy working in my local supermarket. I asked one of the workers if he knew of anybody looking for work. The rest is history

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:00 am
are any of your friends willing to ask their cleaning ladies if they know someone who needs work?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:04 am
does your community have a online list serve? If so ask on there if anyone knows of a cleaner looking for work. Thats how I found mine years ago.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 8:30 am
Call Sonia at high Class agency. 212 647 8558

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 10:52 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Call Sonia at high Class agency. 212 647 8558

I'm not OP, but thanks for the referral. How much do they charge per hour, and for transportation? What's the minimum number of hours they'll send for?

Have you personally used them, and do they speak/understand English?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 11:45 am
I put an ad in the street.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:05 pm
Thanks for the responses, I live OOT and all the agencies are ridiculously expensive (like $50 an hour).

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:09 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I got mine through the guy working in my local supermarket. I asked one of the workers if he knew of anybody looking for work. The rest is history

Maybe I'll try that, I just feel so awkward asking

cm

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:11 pm
Word of mouth. Your neighbor's cleaning person may have a friend or relative looking for work...

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:20 pm
doctorima wrote:
I'm not OP, but thanks for the referral. How much do they charge per hour, and for transportation? What's the minimum number of hours they'll send for?

Have you personally used them, and do they speak/understand English?

$10/hr for Spanish speaking, $12/hr for English speaking. I think they have a 6 hour minimum, and I think you have to pay transportation (about $5/day I guess.) there is no fee to sign up, Sonia will collect a day/week's worth of pay once you've established that you're happy with the cleaning lady. Warning: Sonia can sometimes be temperamental and not the easiest to deal with, but by and large she sends pretty good cleaning ladies. They end up disapeparing once they find full time jobs, so it's a great idea to ask around and find more work for them via your friends/neighbors so that they stick around.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:21 pm
You live OOT? Then ask the other ppl in your community how they found.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:40 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
You live OOT? Then ask the other ppl in your community how they found.

I tried that, but I can never seem to find the first person who hired the cleaning lady. They were all already working for someone other days.

nylon

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:43 pm
In many OOT communities (not all), you will never find cheap cleaning help like you do in NYC and if you find someone charging $15 or less you're getting what you pay for. But $50 is high for an agency.

If you're determined to cut out the middleman and pay less you will have to do a lot of networking. The agencies and services are charging for convenience.

Don't go to a franchise place, OOT I have had the best luck with small local companies.

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:54 pm
Maybe try searching on Craig's List, or even posting there, though make sure you get a lot of references if you do. Better would be luach.com if they have a board for your city.

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:33 pm
$50 per hour for one person working? It might be the agency is sending 2 people.

I've advertised on websites (sites similar to craigslist) in the past for cleaning help, with some success.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 29 2016, 5:27 pm
You can Call Balabusta Agency @347.350.9660

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 29 2016, 10:19 pm
I never use cleaning ladies ... I am the cleaning lady & I take most days off

zohar

Post Tue, Mar 01 2016, 1:07 am
I asked another cleaning lady if she knows anyone looking for work and she referred a friend. I'm really happy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry