Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD looking cross eyed!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:15 pm
My speech therapist called me yesterday to tell me that she noticed something new with her eyes. when she looks down at a book close to her, she will tilt her head to side and look with crossed eyes to the right. she sent me a video of her, sitting together with therapist and I do see what she means.
I was at eye dr few months ago, cuz the therapist thought she was straining her eyes to see close. the dr told me everything was perfect. nothing to worry about. And now she called me with this. Im pretty concerned about it.
anyone has any clue as to what this can be?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:49 pm
Go see another eye Dr. My 5 yr old dd started crossing her eyes when She was 3. She has poor eye sight (can't see close up) and wears glasses. She is doing so much better now.
We thought she was crossing to be funny, but her Dr said kids can't just cross their eyes like thst.

It is nothing major, but if you let her vision get worse, she may need to wear an eye patch to strengthen her eyes.

Stars

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:53 pm
Take her to an ophthalmologist asap. Pm me if you want more information

working hard

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:07 pm
Make sure the eye doctor you go to tests for all the visual acuities and not just 20/20 vision. She may be seeing 20/20 but have a different problem such as lack of peripheral vision for example. Not all eye doctors check for these things.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:18 pm
I second the recommendation to go to an eye doctor or at least call one ASAP. My daughter's eye turned in out of nowhere when she was 18 months and when I asked the pediatrician that's what he said. as in today, he'll get me in the doctor doesn't have any availability, that's how important it was.

b"H it turned out that she was just far sighted (ended up needing surgeries but whatever.) Yes she needed glasses, patching... but honestly that's ok.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:24 pm
My kid started crossing literally overnight at around a year old. Turns out she has something called accomodative esotropia which is a fancy word for something I have no idea what it means but I do know glasses fixes it and no surgery necessary. Go to do the doctor. All sorts of things can cause crossing but best choice is to fix it soon.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:53 pm
I will add, that my 2 yr oId has good vision but was turning one eye up. He needed a minor surgery to align his eyes. He was fine the next day. If the eye Dr is sure that your dd's vision is ok, he may have missed something else, like this, which doesn't affect the vision.
But in all honesty your dd sounds like mine, crossing eyes when trying to focus on something close.
It's probably a some fix, with glasses and ma5be patching

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:12 pm
It happened almost overnight to my ds. Take your dc to a pediatric optomologist, not to just any eye dr.

Stars

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:18 pm
Yes, an MD.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:21 pm
take her to a good eye dr asap

sky

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:25 pm
Call your pediatrician for a referal of who he recommends and make an appointment.
my daughter crosses her eyes and my pediatrician was very particular about who we could go to.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:27 pm
You should see a pediatric ophthalmologist, which is different than an optometrist.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:34 pm
yes. just wanted to agree with other posters- I took her to a pediatric opthamologist- not just any eye doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics