Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I smell troll....

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:10 pm
I applied for a job online and they asked that I send a picture "we find it helps us picture the candidate better"......ummmm I think not.

My response "I would be happy to set up an interview if you would like to meet me in person."

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:17 pm
Perfect answer!

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:24 pm
Their response:
Unfortunately we don't have the time for that right now, if you can't send a picture then we'll just contact you nearer the end if we dont have anyone yet.

Is it just me, or does this sound awfully sketchy?

youngishbear

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:26 pm
amother wrote:
Their response:
Unfortunately we don't have the time for that right now, if you can't send a picture then we'll just contact you nearer the end if we dont have anyone yet.

Is it just me, or does this sound awfully sketchy?

It's not just you.

Good radar.

watergirl

Oox, what kind of a job is it?

amother
Firebrick

Unless you're looking for a job as a supermodel or stripper, yes super sketchy...

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:28 pm
customer service rep.....Should I post warning for LII forum, this job post is on Janglo.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
customer service rep.....Should I post warning for LII forum, this job post is on Janglo.

That sounds like a good idea

grace413

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:

Definitely.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:39 pm
I encountered a very disturbing job offer on Janglo once. I reported it to Janglo admin and they greatly appreciated it. Please post in LII as well as flag the Janglo admin.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:01 pm
OP, can you please post the job on the LII forum so those of use who may go on to janglo can know what not to send cvs to?

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:04 pm
Good for you, OP, good instincts and smart answer.

tichellady

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:32 pm
I don't know if it's real or not. Only reason I would consider that it's real is that when I worked in recruiting and did a search for candidates from Europe/ Asia, they all sent their pictures in ( and we did not ask for pictures) My boss told me this was more common for the hiring process in Asia/ Europe. I never did a search in Israel so I can't say.

mille

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:40 pm
Super duper sketchy. There's absolutely zero reason to need to see a photo of someone before they come for an interview unless their appearance is part of the job (e.g. dancer, model). I would be hesitant to even interview with such a place, to be honest, even if they were to call me in without seeing a head shot. Gross.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 11:06 pm
For a customer arrive job? No
I do see some ads in nyc that ask for headshots. These are for jobs like in a plastic surgeons office or boutique park avenue places that want to project a certain image. I never sent a picture.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 05 2016, 9:46 am
I always put a pic on CV, as well as details some in other countries don't include (number of kids etc).
BUT if I didn't, and was asked for one... I'd be wary...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics