Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Takes 8 weeks to get a kitchen, would u rush before Pesach?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 7:48 pm
Im nervous, with a kitche arriving too close to Pesach, Ill be pressured to choose granite for counters I dont really like and Ill be rushed to make other decisions like choosing appliances, if appliances I want arent in stock then, in a hurry.

Should I even try to place an order for a custom kitchen to have by Pesach, now?

precious

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 8:02 pm
As nice as it sounds to have a new kitchen for pesach, these things always shlep out and take much longer than anticipated. You don't want to be stuck with half a kitchen before pesach...

twogees

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 8:05 pm
Why not look at appliances and granite and choose alternatives as well? so this way you can get used to your second choice if your first is unavailable? or if you have the money and room for it, order the appliances now? especially if you know what size appliances you will be needing....

SingALong

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 8:06 pm
Why can't you pick a counter and appliances beforehand? If you know which cabinet you picked you can just ask for a small piece to match up with until cabinets arrive? Pick a few appliance options so if the oven or microwave you want isn't in stock you have plan b. Or order when available and store somewhere till cabinets are in and ready to install.

Backsplash you can do after pesach if your doing one

kenz

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 9:00 pm
Are you doing a whole new custom kitchen or basically stock material? If you're doing a whole new custom kitchen and custom ordering all different things, it will be very tight. If you're just making a nice new kitchen and not overly choosy with what you get, then definitely go for it. We did a kitchen before Pesach one year in about a week - all new cabinets, countertop, floor,appliances, just not custom. It was the best Pesach I ever had.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
Im nervous, with a kitche arriving too close to Pesach, Ill be pressured to choose granite for counters I dont really like and Ill be rushed to make other decisions like choosing appliances, if appliances I want arent in stock then, in a hurry.

Should I even try to place an order for a custom kitchen to have by Pesach, now?

You are doing this backwards. You fit the cabinets to the appliances - not the way you are doing. Buy you appliances and they hold them until you are ready.

Gneshe

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 10:52 pm
It's not easy to remodel your kitchen. At least you have the benefit of not having to clean it for Pesach that one year. I did it and it was totally worth it.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 1:15 am
When you plan your kitchen, you MUST know which appliances you will have. According to that, the kitchen will be made. Even if it is not custom, you need to know which refrigerator, to allow the exact space. Same with Gas ranges or cooktops. Granite can be chosen, but it is only measured once cabinets are installed. You also need to have purchased sinks and faucets for Granite measurement.
Please bear in mind, if they tell you 8 weeks, there are a lot of unforeseen delays. In theory it sounds feasible, but it is VERY tight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics