Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Keeping old floor w new kitchen, any potential problems?

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 7:56 pm
I like my floor, its in good condition, it blends with rest of house, and it was expensive.

What are the potential problems of keeping the old floor when putting in totally new cabinets?

Kitchen designer is aware that I want to keep the old floor, but if problems arise, Ill be the one with the problem. Kitchen designer says he'll make the footprint slightly larger to eliminate chance of gaps, and lessen the chance of having to fill in those gaps.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 8:15 pm
I know of people who's contractors agreed to leave the floor, and then decided it wasn't convenient and hacked up a whole bunch of it, and then charged the owner extra for that labor! be careful.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 11:33 pm
My MIL did that. After all was said and done the floor just didn't look in the same condition as the new kitchen, even though it was pretty nice and new. It took away from the beautiful new room and eventually she replaced it.

rachel6543

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 2:35 pm
What type of flooring do you currently have in your kitchen? Tile?

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 2:48 pm
everything is dependent upon the floor ... and when people put in floors correctly the answer would be it's fine to keep it

I.e. everything should be taken out & floor completely covering entire kitchen including under ovens cabinets fridge ... all holes for electrical access & gas pipes should be made before putting in the new kitchen

of course if it's linoleum fuhgeddaboudit ... change it out if they cut around everything to get it in
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics