Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2.5 yr old DD only eats carbs!! HELP!!!!

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 10:37 am
Title says it all. She used to be so good about eating protein, fruits, and a couple of veggies.
Ex: she used to eat challah and humus, now she refuses to have anything on the challah and only eats it plain.

2 concerns: 1. Not getting balanced nutrients
2. She's on the chubby side, I need her to develop healthy habits!!!!!

I try to model healthy eating- it is hard because I have awful morning sickness right now.

I have cut up fruits and veggies within her reach all the time- they just sit and dry out. I will put a healthy dip too, which she used to eat, but now she just leaves it.

She only wants pizza, plain bread, noodles (without veggies or tuna mixed in), or junk.

SUGGESTIONS?!?!

5*Mom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 10:44 am
Children this age usually eat a balanced diet over the course of an entire month or even a few months rather than day by day, or even week by week. If a variety of healthy foods are made available and you don't make food into a big thing, she will choose the foods her body needs now. Chances are that will change within a few months.

A chubby 2.5 yr old does not portend future weight or weight-related health problems but it will if you make it.

ETA: If you pay attention you might notice that we all tend to eat more carbs during the winter. It's a thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics