Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
ISO FREEZING TIPS

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 9:07 am
I want to make blended vegetable soup, 100% pareve, and freeze them into portion sizes in baggies to travel with.
It will have to go in my luggage. The plane trip itself is approximately 3 hrs. If there are no delays. 40 min to the airport, 40 min-1:00 hr from airport to destination, depending on traffic.

What is the best way to do this?
Which baggies are the best to use?

I was planning to freeze the baggies as flat as possible, and then put them all in a hot/cold bag.

All tips greatly appreciated.

Rappel

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 9:10 am
A soft-side cooler and ice packs would be the way to go.

If you don't mind my asking: why do you feel bags are safer than tupperware containers? that would have been my first go-to. Preferably in bags. Tongue Out

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 9:14 am
Rappel wrote:
A soft-side cooler and ice packs would be the way to go.

If you don't mind my asking: why do you feel bags are safer than tupperware containers? that would have been my first go-to. Preferably in bags. Tongue Out

I want to be able to take 50 servings of soup, already portioned to 100 calories. I'm on a diet and will use these as part of my meals and possibly snacks.

Rappel

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 9:29 am
Hmmmm, I hear you. Perhaps pack the baggies in tupperwares (say, 5 to a box), anyway...just in case. You know how luggage handlers are.

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 9:56 am
Which type of baggies are the best, that won't leak, in case they defrost a bit.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 10:43 am
I'd say ziploc freezer bags are the best as they are made for this...maybe double wrap though.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 11:12 am
cbg wrote:
I want to make blended vegetable soup, 100% pareve, and freeze them into portion sizes in baggies to travel with.
It will have to go in my luggage. The plane trip itself is approximately 3 hrs. If there are no delays. 40 min to the airport, 40 min-1:00 hr from airport to destination, depending on traffic.

What is the best way to do this?
Which baggies are the best to use?

I was planning to freeze the baggies as flat as possible, and then put them all in a hot/cold bag.

All tips greatly appreciated.

Double bag ziploc bag them in the best ziploc bags you can find. The double zipper, NOT the slider ziplocs. Then put them in the insulated bate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking