Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Mike Bloomberg president
1  2  Next

Surprise

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:23 pm
Which party is he running ?

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:24 pm
He is not running yet, but if he decides to run, it'll be as an Independent.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:26 pm
Why do third-party candidates even bother?

I can understand a strong idealist trying to make a point, but Mike is hardly in that category.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:27 pm
youngishbear wrote:

I can understand a strong idealist trying to make a point, but Mike is hardly in that category.

I think just to deflect votes from candidates whose policies they don't like.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:29 pm
If Mr. Bloomberg runs, he'll take a lot more votes from the Democrat than the Republican nominees, whoever they are.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:31 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
If Mr. Bloomberg runs, he'll take a lot more votes from the Democrat than the Republican nominees, whoever they are.

That's what he wants. He will only run if Bernie Sanders wins the nomination, but not if Hillary wins it.

leah233

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:34 pm
youngishbear wrote:

A guy like Bloomberg would be probably running for the sake of his ego and media attention.

He was given a zero chance of becoming mayor of NYC but managed to win three times so he probably isn't so concerned about odds.

Last edited by leah233 on Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maybe

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:39 pm
He is planning to run as independent, will decide in March, hopefully a good purim joke

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:56 pm
Maybe he was inspired by Trump:).

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 7:25 pm
There was a cartoon in last week's Yated, something like, I want Bloomberg for president. Said nobody. Ever.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 7:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
There was a cartoon in last week's Yated, something like, I want Bloomberg for president. Said nobody. Ever.

Really? I know a lot of people who like him.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 7:30 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

He did win three terms as mayor.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 7:30 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

It was an editorial cartoon. Don't know where it originally appeared. It made me laugh when I saw it.
Do people like him as mayor? Do they also like him enough to vote for him as president?

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 7:40 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
It was an editorial cartoon. Don't know where it originally appeared. It made me laugh when I saw it.
Do people like him as mayor? Do they also like him enough to vote for him as president?

He's not looking to win.

funmother

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 8:02 pm
He gets my vote.

Maybe

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 10:53 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

Some people may like him, but how many people does he like ?

An arrogant self hating Jew,comes from a kosher eating home, & despises us

His last law was you can by 3x10 oz cup but not 1 x 16 cup of soda, I don't drink it don't want body to look like a soda can, it but law is insane & so is he.

Affluent neighborhoods were cleared from snow whilst people died in poor ones. my friend's mom was dragged on a stretcher by group of men to an Ambulance waiting on a main road.

Parking tickets were doubled & written up 5 minutes before time to meet quotas, in an effort to drive the working class out of HIS City

saw50st8

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 6:22 am
I would absolutely vote for him. He's socially liberal, fiscally conservative and more importantly cares about people and tries to be proactive. Now, the soda law is kind of ridiculous (I would rather buy one large and share than pay for 3 smalls) but I agree with his point that you should be conscious of what you are drinking and those mega large cokes are not good for anyone. It's like a month's worth of sugar. Did I support that piece of legislation? No, but I commend him for trying to do more for the public.

Maybe

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:09 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I would absolutely vote for him. He's socially liberal, fiscally conservative and more importantly cares about people and tries to be proactive. Now, the soda law is kind of ridiculous (I would rather buy one large and share than pay for 3 smalls) but I agree with his point that you should be conscious of what you are drinking and those mega large cokes are not good for anyone. It's like a month's worth of sugar. Did I support that piece of legislation? No, but I commend him for trying to do more for the public.

Lifestyle improvement comes from information & education NOT regulation. Don't you think a LARGE warning on all sodas no matter what size would convince more people that water is a better choice

Needing to use force is a sign of failure in parenting, business & government

Gets his way by bullying, got his 3rd term illegally. Would do away with presidential term limits on day 1

Inspire

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:43 pm
I thought he was entering the race to be an alternative if the choice is Trump/Sanders? I know there are Republicans who simply will not vote on election day if Trump is the nominee, since they can no sooner vote for one than the other.

wiki

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:46 pm
Lots of people I know would vote for him if the other options were Trump/Cruz versus Sanders, even if the other alternative were Hillary. I'd say that if those were the options, he'd have the vote of most of both sides of my extended family. Remember that 50% of Republicans strongly dislike Donald Trump. That's on top of the registered Democrats who would not be excited to vote for Hillary.

Bloomberg has always planned to run for president, all of his life, but he would only do it if he thinks he has a chance of winning. In 2012, there was a lot of speculation that he would run, and then he decided not to. In his Op-Ed explaining why he decided to sit it out, he said that he would never earn either party's nomination, and that no third-party candidacy would have a chance of winning, so it wasn't time to run yet.

This year, if he thinks that a third-party candidacy has a chance, he will run. If he thinks that there's no chance, he won't run.

Basically, if it's Trump vs. Sanders or Cruz vs. Sanders, for sure he'd run.
If it's Trump vs. Hillary or Cruz vs. Hillary, he probably won't run, but there's a chance he would.
If it's Hillary vs. anyone but Trump/Cruz, he will not run. He has no chance of winning.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics