Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black Tights
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Moonlight

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:57 pm
amother wrote:
A kallah is not comparable to a guest. You wouldn't wear a huge white gown at a chasuna if you would just be a guest.
I think a kallah usually wears white tights, regardless of the season, at least it's what's done in my community. I don't think you would wear that to a chasuna either.

I have never seen that. Nude

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:58 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
I never wear nude during the winter... The thought never even entered my mind. Nude is for summer, black is for winter. It's so funny that so many people on this site disagree.

No, what's really funny is your inflexibility on something which you perceive to be a universal rule, but isn't. You can actually do whatever you want, with no consequences, at all. Isn't that amazing?

Moonlight

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:59 pm
Sadie wrote:
How do you determine when to switch? Do you do it on the solstice? Is there a period in your community where some women have made the switch and others haven't, and you have a mix of colors at a simcha?

Switch to Black after Sukkos, Switch back to nude after pesach

Lukshen

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:05 pm
basyisr0el wrote:

This is so weird to me. I'd never think the color of your socks would be dictated by 'social norms'.
So if it's 70 degrees a week after sukkas everyone must wear black socks regardless?

Moonlight

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:07 pm
Lukshen wrote:
This is so weird to me. I'd never think the color of your socks would be dictated by 'social norms'.
So if it's 70 degrees a week after sukkas everyone must wear black socks regardless?

no, you use your brain too.
but its a general guide. Usually the weather turns around sukkos and around pesach

Moonlight

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:07 pm
It's like officially you stop wearing white clothes Labor Day and start again Memorial Day

Lukshen

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:21 pm
basyisr0el wrote:
no, you use your brain too.
but its a general guide. Usually the weather turns around sukkos and around pesach

I hear ya.

Though, I'll stick to matching my socks to my clothing rather than the weather. Or to what 'everyone else does'.

shacn

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:29 pm
I never wear nude in the winter. only black. but never ever black to weddings I wear nude/nothing.

bar bat mitz, engagements etc id wear black unless its fancy, then nude/nothing again.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:51 pm
I don't wear any tights or stocking in the summer. Too hot.

rdmom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:02 pm
Please Please wear whatever color matches the dress.

I was at a recent simcha where a woman was wearing a black and white dress. It would have looked beautiful with nude colored tights because of where the black was situated on the dress. Instead she wore black tights and it looked really bad.

I don't want to judge. You can wear whatever you like. But sometimes nude just looks so much nicer. If you cannot wear nude then wear something else that you can wear black with. But there is no halacha that says not to wear nude in winter.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:14 pm
I vote nude or off black sheer (like greyish). OP, I am assuming that the rose colored dress is appropriate for the winter...

pause

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:40 pm
basyisr0el wrote:
But what about ON sukkos and ON Pesach? LOL Rolling Eyes I guess it's chilukay dayos...

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:45 pm
cnc wrote:
I agree that black opaque tights can be stylish with certain shoes and clothing in the winter, but please don't wear black opaque with a ROSE colored dress.
It'll most likely look awful.

So wear black sheer..No need to get so backside about it

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:47 pm
pause wrote:
But what about ON sukkos and ON Pesach? LOL Rolling Eyes I guess it's chilukay dayos...

It depends on minhag hamokom
If you want to change one year do you need to be matir never Smile

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:55 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
It depends on minhag hamokom
If you want to change one year do you need to be matir never Smile

I know that people are joking on this thread, but maybe this should be a wake up call to us that we should stop living for others and do what YOU want to do. So many of these shtusim come from following what "everybody else" is doing...by doing this we are losing our sense of "self" ...I for one have my own style of dress, never follow what everyone else is wearing and very often I discover that what I had started wearing two years before becomes the new normal in our communities now...it's pathetic to say the least and people should do what ever they feel comfortable doing as long as it's within torah and halachic ruling. Banging head

shacn

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:57 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I know that people are joking on this thread, but maybe this should be a wake up call to us that we should stop living for others and do what YOU want to do. So many of these shtusim come from following what "everybody else" is doing...by doing this we are losing our sense of "self" ...I for one have my own style of dress, never follow what everyone else is wearing and very often I discover that what I had started wearing two years before becomes the new normal in our communities now...it's pathetic to say the least and people should do what ever they feel comfortable doing as long as it's within torah and halachic ruling. Banging head

preach!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:59 pm
shacn wrote:
preach!

I at least practice what I preach Smile

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:00 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

Yeah bring back white knee highs and power suits

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:01 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

I like you bizzy. I think some people feel a lot safer if they can follow as many rules as possible though!

Lita

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:56 pm
Silver hose with silver dress shoes.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics