Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Other piercings?
1  2  3  4  Next

Do you have piercings besides for the typical one ear that you wear as a frum woman?
no  
 79%  [ 201 ]
multiple ear piercings  
 10%  [ 27 ]
cartilage of my ear  
 2%  [ 7 ]
belly button  
 1%  [ 3 ]
lip or tongue  
 0%  [ 0 ]
eyebrow or next to eye  
 0%  [ 0 ]
nose  
 2%  [ 6 ]
other  
 0%  [ 1 ]
multiple  
 3%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 254

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:34 am
Do you have other piercings besides for a single ear piercing that you actually wear? If you're a BT or Giyoret and had previous piercings, but do not wear them any longer, just mark what you currently wear since becoming frum.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:42 am
Seriously?? Hypnotized these threads are getting better by the minutes

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:56 am
Frum women only pierce one ear? I learn so much here.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:01 am
imasoftov wrote:
Frum women only pierce one ear? I learn so much here.

I meant in many of the frum communities you generally see only one piercing per ear lobe. I know that is not the case everywhere so I made the poll. I'm also a bt who had two piercings per ear, one in my cartilage and a belly button piercing that I would love to reopen so am just reading the polls.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
I meant in many of the frum communities you generally see only one piercing per ear lobe. I know that is not the case everywhere so I made the poll. I'm also a bt who had two piercings per ear, one in my cartilage and a belly button piercing that I would love to reopen so am just reading the polls.

I know women with two ear piercings but close together, both on the lobe. I have no idea what else they may have that's not visible but anything visible besides a second piercing will be perceived as out there. And even a second piercing, no matter how tasteful, will "brand" you in a lot of people's minds.

But by now you know your community and comfort level. And if you have kids, their comfort levels.

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:17 am
At this point in my life, just one hole in each ear. I would love a nose piercing (so would dh!) but I know its not accepted where Iive or in my general community.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:21 am
I have 5 ear piercings but I let one close up cuz it was too close to my cartilage and it was hurting me.

If I wasn't such a baby about pain I would prob have a few more up my ear on the cartilage or maybe my nose but the nose kind of grosses me out.

I don't have a flat stomach so belly button is out sadly Sad

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:23 am
I have a few in each ear, one in my cartilage, and one in my belly button.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:29 am
Triple ear piercings .Git out to shock my parents at 16.

Why is this important to you

bigsis144

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:57 am
I have an ear cuff that goes on the cartilage at the top of my ear. Not a piercing, though -- it's the equivalent of a clip-on.

It's extremely rare that I wear it out of the house, though.

Teomima

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:06 pm
Nine in my ears, including cartilage and tragus, used to have one nipple pierced, and my tongue is pierced.

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:11 pm
I've seen religious women in Israel with a nose ring. Not so common, but not unusual.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:19 pm
the imahos had nose rings not ear rings... its not exepted to day in alot of circles to pierce anything but 1 hole in each ear lobe...

shacn

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:09 pm
I have 2 in each ear but since becoming more religious and out of my teenage phase I wear one in each lobe. I would love a nose ring but not so accepted so I do not.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:12 pm
watergirl wrote:
At this point in my life, just one hole in each ear. I would love a nose piercing (so would dh!) but I know its not accepted where Iive or in my general community.

Me too! I would love to get a tiny diamond piercing. I wish it was more accepted in the frum community.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:35 pm
amother wrote:
the imahos had nose rings not ear rings... its not exepted to day in alot of circles to pierce anything but 1 hole in each ear lobe...

Rivka's nose ring is mentioned a few times in Bereshit 24. I'm not aware of any information about the other imahot's jewelry or how it's possible to conclude from earrings never being mentioned that they didn't have any. We don't know what kind of coats they wore when it got cold, either.

Yaakov's family had earrings in Bereshit 35, but it doesn't say if it was the men or the women. Interestingly, usually the Torah says עגיל for earring and נזם for nose ring but here it says וְאֶת-הַנְּזָמִים, אֲשֶׁר בְּאָזְנֵיהֶם

נזם for an earring also appear in the story of the Egel where Aharon asks for the earrings of the women. Midrash Tanchuma (which you can find in Rashi) says that the men also wore earrings.

observer

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:41 pm
Just curious...what about a nose ring appeals to you?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:44 pm
observer wrote:
Just curious...what about a nose ring appeals to you?

I know most people think it's trashy, but I actually think a small one looks quite elegant. It has the same appeal as earrings to me.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:13 pm
The problem with body piercings (below the neckline) is that the rings are meant to be worn permanently, which means that they are a real pain to take out for mikvah, and an even bigger pain to put back in. Every time you do that, you also risk infection if you don't reinsert them in a perfectly sterile manner.

I used to be a much "holier" person than I am now. Wink

esther11

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
I know most people think it's trashy, but I actually think a small one looks quite elegant. It has the same appeal as earrings to me.

Totally agree. I like the tiny stud type by the top of the nostril. It's almost like glitter..I find it to be pretty!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics