Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Other piercings?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Do you have piercings besides for the typical one ear that you wear as a frum woman?
no  
 79%  [ 201 ]
multiple ear piercings  
 10%  [ 27 ]
cartilage of my ear  
 2%  [ 7 ]
belly button  
 1%  [ 3 ]
lip or tongue  
 0%  [ 0 ]
eyebrow or next to eye  
 0%  [ 0 ]
nose  
 2%  [ 6 ]
other  
 0%  [ 1 ]
multiple  
 3%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 254

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:24 pm
esther11 wrote:
Totally agree. I like the tiny stud type by the top of the nostril. It's almost like glitter..I find it to be pretty!

Yes! Exactly Very Happy

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The problem with body piercings (below the neckline) is that the rings are meant to be worn permanently, which means that they are a real pain to take out for mikvah, and an even bigger pain to put back in. Every time you do that, you also risk infection if you don't reinsert them in a perfectly sterile manner.

I used to be a much "holier" person than I am now. Wink

What about nose rings?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
What about nose rings?

Go to a professional piercer, like you'd find in a tattoo and body modification shop. Never trust the people at a beauty shop or mall!

A professional can tell you what type of cleanser you need to use, and how to handle the jewelry. The biggest problem is that during the healing time, you can't take the jewelry out, and unless you are taking back to back BC pills, it's going to interfere with your mikvah.

babula

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:30 pm
I have a nose ring and dh and I both love it.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:32 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Go to a professional piercer, like you'd find in a tattoo and body modification shop. Never trust the people at a beauty shop or mall!

A professional can tell you what type of cleanser you need to use, and how to handle the jewelry. The biggest problem is that during the healing time, you can't take the jewelry out, and unless you are taking back to back BC pills, it's going to interfere with your mikvah.

How long is healing time? I am so tempted now

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:33 pm
babula wrote:
I have a nose ring and dh and I both love it.

Do you get comments ever?

MrsDash

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
I know most people think it's trashy, but I actually think a small one looks quite elegant. It has the same appeal as earrings to me.

Not trashy. I've had mine in for over 10 years and I've worked/work in a professional setting. I wore it while living in Lakewood. It's not a big deal.

nywife

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 4:06 pm
I have a nose ring. It's not an in-your-face kind, it's a tiny stud. I think it adds a lot to my face.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 4:15 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Rivka's nose ring is mentioned a few times in Bereshit 24. I'm not aware of any information about the other imahot's jewelry or how it's possible to conclude from earrings never being mentioned that they didn't have any. We don't know what kind of coats they wore when it got cold, either.

Yaakov's family had earrings in Bereshit 35, but it doesn't say if it was the men or the women. Interestingly, usually the Torah says עגיל for earring and נזם for nose ring but here it says וְאֶת-הַנְּזָמִים, אֲשֶׁר בְּאָזְנֵיהֶם

נזם for an earring also appear in the story of the Egel where Aharon asks for the earrings of the women. Midrash Tanchuma (which you can find in Rashi) says that the men also wore earrings.

Nose ring may be a clip on, only ear piercing mentioned in mishnah ( shabat 6 ) .AYLOR according to Igrot Moshe it may be forbidden.

babula

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 4:51 pm
"Do I get comments"

The only comment is from one of my children who is very embarrassed by it.

Maybe

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 5:06 pm
babula wrote:
"Do I get comments"

The only comment is from one of my children who is very embarrassed by it.

Is it important enough to embarrass your child ?

harriet

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 5:12 pm
Maybe wrote:
Is it important enough to embarrass your child ?

Oh please. Kids can be embarrassed by anything!

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
How long is healing time? I am so tempted now

AYLOR- Many Rabbanim consider it permanent and you don't have to take it out for the mikvah. It's considered a part of you, at that point.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 5:37 pm
I have had:
6 ear piercings- one ear with two, the other with four
Eyebrow
Septum
Belly Button
Stretched my ear lobes to a size 0 gauge (I could stick my pinky through my ear)

But that was many years ago. I have taken everything out. All I have left are two holes in both ears, but I only wear earrings in one of the holes on each ear.

SplitPea

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:46 pm
watergirl wrote:
At this point in my life, just one hole in each ear. I would love a nose piercing (so would dh!) but I know its not accepted where Iive or in my general community.

If I can get away with it in NYC you should be able to where you are

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 8:14 pm
I only have the regular - one in each ear...
But my husband is dying for me to pierce my belly button. (if only I knew where I could get it done thats not sleezy...)

Sparkle

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 8:55 pm
The first thing I did when we stopped working for a kiruv kollel (after 9 years) was to get a second piercing in both my ears. I had become so soured on klal work that it was the most cathartic thing I could have done for myself (besides for dumping everything, lol)
No one besides for my super yeshivesh brother in Lakewood and my mom have ever said anything to me about it.

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 8:58 pm
SplitPea wrote:
If I can get away with it in NYC you should be able to where you are

Lol after I wrote this post I watched a youtube video of someone getting her nose pierced, and honeslty I felt sick and dizzy from just the video. Ive had 7 different ear piercings and that was nbd. But I think this is too painful to consider. And Ive had a number of c sections! But this... Dont want to black out.

momoftwo2

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:01 pm
I love the look of a small stud on the nose. But practically speaking, I always have sinus infections and nose bleeds, id think the ring/ stud would be in the way of my constant nose blowing and wiping, no?

spring13

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:17 pm
I have two holes in each lobe and love it. I like the idea of a belly button piercing, but I don't think I'll go there. And I like the look of a small nose stud but not the idea of actually piercing my nose.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics