Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What does your diamond engagement ring look like?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:57 pm
Love my setting- Tiffany setting with tapered baguette stone on each side- timeless, classic

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:58 pm
Mine is my birthstone and dh's set together. Very pretty and delicate btw.

busydev

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:59 pm
I have a 1ct round diamond in a "plain" platinum 6 prong band. I wanted 6 prong cause I feel it's more secure.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:04 pm
Maya wrote:
Square diamond, which is called princess cut, four prong setting, with one baguette on each side of the band.
I love that look. I'm thinking of doing this but because of my round diamond I want to do four fishtail prongs.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:27 pm
busydev wrote:
I have a 1ct round diamond in a "plain" platinum 6 prong band. I wanted 6 prong cause I feel it's more secure.

Mine is 6 prong round with 1 rectangle baguette on each side. It originally came with 4 prongs and I felt like 4 prongs weren't secure so I askked it to be changed. During my engagement my diamond would spin around, and I didn't realize that was an issue. 2 weeks before my wedding I had to give it in to be fixed when someone saw me spinning around with the diamond and let me know its not supposed to be moving!! So there went the idea of 6 prongs being more secure Smile

Eta: http://www.bluenile.com/build-....._4524
This was my ring but now its 6 prongs one more on top and bottom

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:35 pm
Maya wrote:
Square diamond, which is called princess cut, four prong setting, with one baguette on each side of the band.

The same style, but a yellow diamond

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:48 pm
Pear shape with 2 bullet shape side diamonds

groovy1224

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 5:40 pm
amother wrote:
I love that look. I'm thinking of doing this but because of my round diamond I want to do four fishtail prongs.

That's exactly what mine is..round diamond with 4 fishtail prongs. It's actually quite an optical illusion because it looks like a square at first glance. I love it, and I get so many compliments.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 6:00 pm
Round stone 2 carat
tiny diamond halo around it in square shape
Tiny diamonds throughout the band. Double band

Librarian

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 6:15 pm
If you are going with white gold make it platinum. The white gold will kind of "tarnish" within a year and will have to be polished professionally at the jeweler. It's worth the extra money

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 6:16 pm
a 1.2 carat round diamond in the center, held up by 4 prongs. A small trilliant and 2 marquis on each side of it (laid out sort of in the shape of a bullet) and 4 small full-cuts next to those.
oh, and its white gold.

spring13

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 6:19 pm
Marquis in the center, with a smaller pear on each side. It's set a bit higher than I'd like, but otherwise I love my unusual center stone.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 6:25 pm
playgroup morah wrote:
If you are going with white gold make it platinum. The white gold will kind of "tarnish" within a year and will have to be polished professionally at the jeweler. It's worth the extra money

I have white gold, I haven't noticed this at all.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:15 pm
watergirl wrote:

Dont have one. Maybe one day...

amother wrote:
Gee, that was super helpful!

for her it's a fact

you certainly didn't claim to have a reason for your query in your op ... other than curiosity

if your looking for helpful solutions, you should have made that clear

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
Gee, that was super helpful!

Gee, that was super rude!

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:04 pm
amother wrote:

Me neither. I have lots of white gold jewelry and it has never tarnished. I guess it depends on the durability of the rhodium plating.

I have small fingers and did not want a large ring. My ring is simple. A round brilliant-cut 0.7ct diamond in a white gold solitaire setting. The band kind of tapers in an elegant way (hard to describe). I liked the setting because it is very thin and minimalist.

I liked tension-mounted rings, but was worried the stone would fall out.

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:19 am
mfb wrote:
Seems like tiffany setting is a plaiin band with a six prong setting on a round diamond according to google pics

Yep. Basically, diamonds used to be set in such a way that the setting was flush with the upper surface of the stone. The pronged setting, pioneered by Tiffany Jewelers, allowed more of the side of the stone to be exposed.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ja.....e68f1

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:35 am
I'm not sure how I would describe my ring, but BH, I'm quite fond of it Smile

mfb

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:18 am
amother wrote:

I have white gold, wear the ring every day and I have had to replate it every 3 years approx. Since it gets yellow.
Maybe if you don't wear it all the time this wouldn't happen.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 7:50 am
Round, no prong, plain band (don't like several diamonds on engagement band), it sticks out isn't too high to be without prong. My grandmother had a classic one with prongs and told me NO PRONG! so right. My husband designed it for me exclusively, my cousin was the jeweller. kah.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics