Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Considering going away for Pesach and need advice!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:16 pm
Looking for help and suggestions from those who have gone away for Pesach with young families.

From year one of my marriage I have always made Pesach. I don't mind the preps and I really enjoy being at home for the chag. However, this year though my husband is really interested in us going away to one of the KLP resorts. I think am open to it though I have many questions and logistical questions.

We have a young family and the youngest will be 23 mo around Pesach time. What do people do with their sleeping children during the Seder? Sleeping in stroller is not an option for my kid. I can't see leaving them in the room while I'm at the meal and constantly running back and forth to check in either. What are the options?

Similar question for daytime, if my husband and I want to go to a shiur and we leave the kids at the babysitting groups, are they organized? Or is it a bunch of 12 year olds watching little kids letting them all run a muck and stuffing them with a bunch of junk and nosh?

I realize each resort may be slightly different in How it's run, but in general:

Do most of these places have a communal Seder or to each his own?

Sephardi Minyanim?

Any tried and true companies to use and/or locations to go to?

We don't want too long of a flight with kids so somewhere on the eastern seaboard would be great, warm preferred.

I am really open to all suggestions and advise as I'm not sure where to begin. Thank you in advance for reading and responding.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:40 pm
"We have a young family and the youngest will be 23 mo around Pesach time. What do people do with their sleeping children during the Seder? Sleeping in stroller is not an option for my kid. I can't see leaving them in the room while I'm at the meal and constantly running back and forth to check in either. What are the options?"

----Many programs have babysitters you can hire for meals. Some have sitters you can hire for the seder. Ask in advance.

"Similar question for daytime, if my husband and I want to go to a shiur and we leave the kids at the babysitting groups, are they organized? Or is it a bunch of 12 year olds watching little kids letting them all run a muck and stuffing them with a bunch of junk and nosh?"

----My experience has been that the younger the age group, the more experienced the babysitters. Young preschoolers often get adults. But, ask each program at what age their groups start. Some may not take a child under two. Also, you may have a kid who refuses groups. I did.

"I realize each resort may be slightly different in How it's run, but in general:

Do most of these places have a communal Seder or to each his own? "

----Most have each family make their own seder in the dining room. So it's one giant room full of individual seders. You can join the communal one if you want to, by asking I'm advance. You can also pay to have a private seder way asking in advance. This is what we do, and how we solve the child problem. We bring pillows and blankets and set them up in corners of whatever room they give us.

"Sephardi Minyanim?"

----Very much a function of what program you do to.

"Any tried and true companies to use and/or locations to go to? "

----Smilow has a program in Florida. They are very organized and run a nice program.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:56 pm
I got to a hotel and have s babysitter in the room with my baby during the Seders and other night meals. Day time there is camp and babysitting. I go to kmr. It's in Vegas this year. They have an excellent program.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:57 pm
They have a communal Seder if your interested and people have their own it's whatever you prefer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics