Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
China in Brooklyn or Lakewood
1  2  Next

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:04 am
I will be traveling to Brooklyn & Lakewood for some shopping. I want to buy several sets of china dishes (the kind sold in sets of 8 or 12 place settings, not the more expensive individual place settings).

I am looking for a place that would be willing to ship the dishes to Chicago. Many years ago, I bought from Flohr's in Boro Park (I don't think they're still around) and they shipped them.

I'll call the places to ask about shipping, but I'd like names of some places to call. I am aware of Eastside China. I think some electronics stores like the Buzz and Focus also sell this kind of china, but if anyone knows for certain, please let me know and if there are other places to check, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Riki12345

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:18 am
My dishes are from Continental Table-settings on 16th avenue but I'm not sure if they deliver. I would suggest you call and ask

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:20 am
rifkyw1154 wrote:
My dishes are from Continental Table-settings on 16th avenue but I'm not sure if they deliver. I would suggest you call and ask

Thank you. I will call. That was my intention -- I just need names of places to call. And, I'm not looking for delivery, but rather shipping.

Leahh

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:24 am
I do think flohrs is still around, but could be wrong.
The buzz
Kitchen clique
Plug ins
Impressions
Eastside China
Wilhelms
Corner store on ft Hamilton & 46 st - don't remember the name. They don't have a huge selection but they do have nice stuff

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:25 am
Leahh wrote:
I do think flohrs is still around, but could be wrong.
The buzz
Kitchen clique
Plug ins
Impressions
Eastside China
Wilhelms
Corner store on ft Hamilton & 46 st - don't remember the name. They don't have a huge selection but they do have nice stuff

Thank you. Are all of these in Brooklyn (Boro Park or elsewhere)? I need to look up phone numbers to call.

zohar

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:44 am
Flohr's is not around but impressions is owned by flohr's. Best store around.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:47 am
zohar wrote:
Flohr's is not around but impressions is owned by flohr's. Best store around.

Is it in Boro Park?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:48 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Thank you. Are all of these in Brooklyn (Boro Park or elsewhere)? I need to look up phone numbers to call.

All of these are in boro park, besides for kitchen clique which is in flatbush.
IIRC from a couple years back with the soup tureen, eastside china will ship.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:49 am
ra_mom wrote:
All of these are in boro park, besides for kitchen clique which is in flatbush.

Thank you.

zohar

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 11:08 am
Impressions is in Flatbush

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 3:04 pm
I am bumping this up because I have decided to only go to Lakewood on this trip. The 2 places suggested so far to look for china sets are Center of Town and The Westview Shop.

Does anyone have any other ideas for china sets in Lakewood?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 4:35 pm
Trendsettings and Set Your Table have a larger selection of china than those two stores. IIRC there is also someone who sells from home (prob cheaper) but I don't know how to find out.

Of these two, I think Trendsettings has lower prices. SYT may have trendier stuff.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 4:38 pm
amother wrote:
Trendsettings and Set Your Table have a larger selection of china than those two stores. IIRC there is also someone who sells from home (prob cheaper) but I don't know how to find out.

Of these two, I think Trendsettings has lower prices. SYT may have trendier stuff.

Thank you. I am really looking for the inexpensive sets of 8 or 12 place settings like you often see advertised before Pesach. Can you tell me where Trendsettings and Set Your Table are located?

Anyone here know the person who sells china from home in Lakewood?

Thanks.

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 4:43 pm
Trendsettings on Cedarbridge across from Arlington/'Melville. (Right before Circa And Dina's Furniture shopping center).
SYT is on Route 9 in Chateau Plaza.
Also, does Closeout Connections still have china? I know they used to have cheaper sets.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 4:36 pm
Are any of these stores that are mentioned in the posts above online? I'm looking for China dinnerware for Pesach to buy online since I live out of town. Thanks.

tymama

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 6:03 pm
I got my China from trendsetting in Lakewood. Very happy with quality and price. Not so much the service though. Took my mom along cuz she's knows brands.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 6:13 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Thank you. I am really looking for the inexpensive sets of 8 or 12 place settings like you often see advertised before Pesach. Can you tell me where Trendsettings and Set Your Table are located?

Anyone here know the person who sells china from home in Lakewood?

Thanks.
You'll find those at the Brooklyn appliance/hardware stores.
I haven't heard of such sales/advertisements in Lakewood but I could be wrong.

mommyla

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 6:15 pm
Go to Center of Town, Trendsettings and Set Your Table are expensive. I bought cheap china at Center of Town years ago and it's holding up really well.

twogees

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 8:06 pm
Try Bed Bath And Beyond....I got my shabbos dishes there when I got married just under 2 years ago. I dont know if there is a BB&B in New Jersey, but you can definitely order online.....

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Feb 22 2016, 2:54 pm
I've looked in all the websites and do not see anything I like. Do you know of any frum or Jewish websites with china sets? Please provide me with the link. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries