Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Cleaning lady doing her private laundry.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:55 pm
So my cleaning lady of 5 years (who I am very happy with) has obviously been using my washing machine, probably detergent, and dryer for 6 months. I know this because I constantly find her husband's underwear or her kids socks in my basket. My husband feels we should do nothing. He says really like her, she makes very little money and this is saving her a trip to the laundromat and a couple bucks. I'm not so sure this is acceptable. Wwyd?

sky

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:59 pm
Why does it bother you? Because she didn't ask - or you are uncomfortable with her using it - or another reason?

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:01 pm
so - the question is she throwing her stuff in with yours ... you are not paying anymore for the same load to get done - not for soap & not for water - electricity or gas

next question is ew - I am picky and I don't want anybody else's laundry touching mine - do you mind this

I would almost prefer her doing it separate & giving her that as a tip/benefit for doing yours ... why don't you mention this the next time you find her kids' socks or husband's underoos in your basket

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:04 pm
I would gladly let my cleaning lady use my machines and detergent, the problem is she didn't ask, in my opinion.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:08 pm
I would have a problem with it, because she should have asked. Also, she shouldn't be taking care of her personal stuff while on the job. That said, I would be OK with her doing it after she's done with what she has to do for me. Laundromats are very inconvenient and expensive, so I'd be happy to help her out and let her use my machine. Bring it up and come up with an acceptable solution.

imamothertoo

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:17 pm
Yes it would bother me. I would never want my cleaning lady and her family's laundry washed together with mine. And I am not paying her to wash dry and fold her laundry in my home. And to do so without asking first is odd. My personal opinion.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:21 pm
I would be perfectly ok with it (and would have probably offered it TBW as many housekeepers may not have a washer/dryer at home), although I would tell her that she should have come to me about it and to be careful to take all of her belongings after each load. Tell her she may run separate washes so that her items stay separate.

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:41 pm
I have a big problem with the not asking, and no problem with okaying the use once asked.

I am having fun thinking of how NOT to tell her that she was out of line.

1. Oh, by the way, we think we have a water thief, as our water bills hav doubled in the past months. If you see anyone suspicious, please let me know.

2. By the way, we found out that there is a chemical in our laundry soap (or super resistant bedbugs) that can cause horrible rashes. We had to throw away a whole bunch of clothes. Makes me itch, just thinkng about it. Sure glad nobody else we know has to go through this!

3. I need to tell you that my marriage is over. *Sob* DH discovered a strange man's underwear, and is certain that I have been unfaithful. My life is over...

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:53 pm
imasinger wrote:

1. Oh, by the way, we think we have a water thief, as our water bills hav doubled in the past months. If you see anyone suspicious, please let me know.

2. By the way, we found out that there is a chemical in our laundry soap (or super resistant bedbugs) that can cause horrible rashes. We had to throw away a whole bunch of clothes. Makes me itch, just thinkng about it. Sure glad nobody else we know has to go through this!

3. I need to tell you that my marriage is over. *Sob* DH discovered a strange man's underwear, and is certain that I have been unfaithful. My life is over...

Rolling Laughter
Just laughed so hard, thank you for that!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:04 pm
imasinger wrote:
I have a big problem with the not asking, and no problem with okaying the use once asked.

I love #3!
I would say, Do these belong to your husband? When she says yes, I would say, if you want to use my machine, that's ok after you finish your other work. But please bring your own detergent and don't mix our laundry together. And if you would like something in the future, please ask me first. If I can't trust you to respect my house, it may be an issue going forward.

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:08 pm
I would probably be ok as long if she asked. But not shared washes, because then inevitably stuff gets mixed up.

But honestly im not sure if I would trust someone who did that without permission.

Its possible she is doing small amounts of stuff to tide her over until she gets to a laundromat (socks, underwear etc) and not all her laundry. Maybe she is often doing half loads for you so figures she may as well fill up the machine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics