Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Harry Potter #8!!
1  2  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 12:46 am
Who else is psyched?? Compress Compress

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 1:02 am
Pick me!!!

Applause

Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 1:05 am
It's not a real book! Just a written screenplay of her new story which will be set as a play in London on July 30th. Which, incidentally, she wrote with 2 other people.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 1:08 am
Orchid wrote:
It's not a real book! Just a written screenplay of her new story which will be set as a play in London on July 30th. Which, incidentally, she wrote with 2 other people.

But... it's still Harry Potter #8!

And would you call Shakespeare's plays "not a real book?" They are also just written screenplays...

Speaking of the play... it will take some time to completely rid myself of the mental image I have of a grown-up Hermione. ;(

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 7:34 am
Orchid wrote:

What new story?

debsey

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 12:41 pm
I would read a new Harry Potter anything! I thought she was coming out w a series of books for younger kids.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 12:53 pm
Yes, it's different and will probably cause somewhat of a disappointment to the diehards, but I'm still looking forward to reading it.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 8:55 pm
Will probably take some time getting used to a grown up dad of a Harry, and of course it's not a real book, but like debsey said, I'll take a harry potter anything! LOL

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 2:04 am
tigerwife wrote:
Yes, it's different and will probably cause somewhat of a disappointment to the diehards, but I'm still looking forward to reading it.

This.
On one hand I'm not sure I want this. I liked HP as it was.
On the other hand, I'm still excited to have *something* new to read.

Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 8:24 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
What new story?

JK Rowling wrote a screenplay (with 2 other people) on grown-up Harry to be performed in London at a sold-out play on July 30th. Announcement just came out a few days ago that the screenplay will be published and will up for sale on July 31st.

I'm still excited, but it's not the same!

From press release:
"It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn't much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
"While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places."

debsey

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 12:05 pm
Orchid wrote:
JK Rowling wrote a screenplay (with 2 other people) on grown-up Harry to be performed in London at a sold-out play on July 30th. Announcement just came out a few days ago that the screenplay will be published and will up for sale on July 31st.

I'm still excited, but it's not the same!

From press release:
"It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn't much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
"While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places."

This is making me think of Harry Potter with a beer belly and a bald spot. NOT what I want to have as my mental image of Harry Potter. Some characters should be like Peter Pan and never grow up.

wazup

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 12:06 pm
debsey wrote:
This is making me think of Harry Potter with a beer belly and a bald spot. NOT what I want to have as my mental image of Harry Potter. Some characters should be like Peter Pan and never grow up.

lol I totally agree!!!

Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 12:56 pm
debsey wrote:

But the epilogue on book 7 already gave you that picture, right? Where grown up Harry and co. and sending their kids off to school?

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 1:02 pm
Orchid wrote:
But the epilogue on book 7 already gave you that picture, right? Where grown up Harry and co. and sending their kids off to school?

Well yeah but that was very brief, not enough to really get into. It was cute and not much else.

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 1:08 pm
eh ~ we'll see how excited I get - I might have to buy it though & read it with my dd#2

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 2:00 pm
I'm excited. I'll keep my expectations low, and look at as just a fun read, so no matter what I won't be disappointed.

debsey

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 2:19 pm
Orchid wrote:

It was just a sweet vignette, not really a story. More a glimpse into the future. This will be real Harry as a real character.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:58 pm
Bump

Excuse me if I'm behind the times... where can 1 purchase this?

youngishbear

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
Bump

Excuse me if I'm behind the times... where can 1 purchase this?

Amazon, of course.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:35 pm
Well, now that it's been bump, how was it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room