Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help me buy a laptop

Sudy

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 5:40 pm
My laptop is on its last legs and I need to get a new one. Problem is I have no idea what I need or want. I currently have a Lenova ThinkPad, which was highly recommended but was bumped around to often.

Can you help me buy something?

Requirements

-a DVD drive for my yoga workouts
-not expensive
-not touchscreen
-very sturdy

I dont need lots of memory or anything fancy.

Any help is appreciated!

doctorima

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 7:40 pm
If you just need a basic laptop, keep your eyes on Slickdeals or Dan's Deals, which have good deals on cheap laptops at least twice a week. Just make sure it has a DVD drive, since these days many leave them out to save space/weight. If you find a really good deal without one, you could just buy an external DVD drive, which connects to the laptop via USB. Also make sure to buy the laptop on American Express to get an extra year of warranty. And make sure it's running Windows 10 (or at least 8.1, but not 8).

besty

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 9:47 am
im also looking to buy a laptop and would like to know which is a good one any information would help....

singleagain

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 10:15 am
Best is such a relative term especially when it comes to laptops when you might need different specs.

I suggest you go to a store like Best Buy, and talk to the sales ppl who are very knowledgeable abt different brands and models etc.

When I was looking for a new laptop several years ago, I told them what I wanted and my price range, however, what I wanted was well out of my price range till the guy remembered they had last year's model and he could give me a large discount for taking a "clearance" model. It was exactly what I wanted. At the price I could afford.

Frummommy138

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 11:39 am
This seems like a great deal, that would fit your needs very well.
http://kollelbudget.com/hp-15-.....ng-2/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics