Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Closet Connection bed linen - quality?
1  2  3  4  Next

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:04 pm
I need to buy a lot of bed linen for our new home. I need enough for 20 guest beds which will be used maximum 40 days per year. I see that Closeout Connections has very reasonably priced sets (2 beds per twin package) in the range of $70-$140.

I am seriously considering purchasing these. Is anyone here familiar with the quality of any of the sets? If so, which ones, and how are they for occasional use?

Are there other places in Brooklyn or Lakewood with similarly priced sets?

TIA

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:10 pm
they have some sets that I bought at elegent linen.
I use them all the time, and wash them weekly,
On one set the color has faded a bit but otherwise its still very much useable.
You need 10 sets? thats a lot. I think the quality is good.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:15 pm
We bought a 100% cotton sateen type cotton set there for $100 or so and it has washed very well.
You always need to look for at least 200 thread count. I think the ones we bought had a higher thread count too but don't remember.
They have poly cottons for cheaper but we don't like the quality of poly cottons.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We bought a 100% cotton sateen type cotton set for $100 or so and it has washed very well.
You always need to look for at least 200 thread count. I think the ones we bought might have had a higher thread count too but don't remember.
They have poly cottons too for cheaper but we don't like the quality of poly cottons.

It is interesting that their most expensive sets don't list the thread count. The others are all 200 count except some sateen ones are 300 count. I wonder what count the $140 ones are.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:18 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
It is interesting that their most expensive sets don't list the thread count. The others are all 200 count except some sateen ones are 300 count. I wonder what count the $140 ones are.

Yes, I think we bought the 300 thread count.
$140 is probably the damask type sets? Those usually don't list thread count. But they're usually good quality. Open the set to feel the cotton undersides of the pillow cases and duvet covers. You can usually tell thread count by feel.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:19 pm
My sister bought a cheep one from cc, the cherry print and after one washing it was all pimpled. No experience with more expensive ones. I agree that thread count makes a difference.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Yes, I think we bought the 300 thread count.
$140 is probably the damask type sets? Those usually don't list thread count. But they're usually good quality. Open the set to feel the cotton sides end of the pillow cases and duvet covers. You can usually tell thread count by feel.

Yes, the $140 are the damask type.

I can't open them to feel them as I'm going to order from their website (I have enough for free shipping) so I don't have to shlep from NY.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:20 pm
Does anyone know if any of the NY or Lakewood linen stores have similarly priced sets?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:21 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Yes, the $140 are the damask type.

I can't open them to feel them as I'm going to order from their website (I have enough for free shipping) so I don't have to shlep from NY.

I have not looked them over in a while but a year ago I looked and touched and they seemed good.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I have not looked them over in a while but a year ago I looked and touched and they seemed good.

Thanks. I trust your opinion.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:41 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Thanks. I trust your opinion.

I bought the set, but dh doesnt like the damask feel to sleep with so I returned it.
I actually bought two beautiful and expensive damask sets, in addition to one Egyptian cotton, when we got married that I enjoyed very much but dh did not. Not we only buy Egyptian cotton or good quality sateen Smile

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I bought the set, but dh doesnt like the damask feel to sleep with so I returned it.
I actually bought two beautiful and expensive damask sets, in addition to one Egyptian cotton, when we got married that I enjoyed very much but dh did not. Not we only buy Egyptian cotton or good quality sateen Smile

Interesting. I don't like sateen. And these are for guest rooms so I am not worried about preferences.

miri36

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:58 pm
Century 21 also has really good quality for good prices

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:58 pm
miri36 wrote:

Where are they located?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:00 pm
Ive heard people get linen with duvet covers at ikea. Never done it though so cant advise on it.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
Ive heard people get linen with duvet covers at ikea. Never done it though so cant advise on it.

I am looking for sets, not just duvet covers.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:05 pm
Yes linen sets with duvet covers-I write that because its nit common for 'non jewish' stores to sell sets with duvet covers, its usualy flat sheets

miri36

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:06 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Where are they located?

Search their website. They list all the locations.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:12 pm
miri36 wrote:

I don't believe they sell full sets of duvets, fitted sheets and double pillow cases.

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:19 pm
I have 2 damask sets from Closeout that I use often. One with gold threads and one with no gold threads. The one with gold threads has pulls all over, and the one with no gold threads looks perfect. Buyer beware of the Closeout sets with gold threads, because even those displayed in the store, the sets with gold have lots of pulls. The others (more solid) dont.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics