Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Cocowhip. Coconut whipped cream

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 2:19 pm
I bought 2 of them. I never used any whip in my life. Any idea if I can use to decorate a cake?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 2:21 pm
I don't know what cocoa whip is but I whip the congealed part of chilled canned coconut milk with confectioners sugar and vanilla until peaks form and use that as the whipped cream on strawberry shortcake. It is delicious.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 6:32 am
I want to try this but I'm wondering how long the coconut whipped cream stays whipped and thick on the cake? Doesn't it start "melting" after a while? Do you keep it refrigerated? I want to make it today and serve it Shabos afternoon.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 8:44 am
Bump

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 10:44 am
I've had trouble & had to freeze mine - but it could be the rum

next time it worked cause I bought the coconut cream in place of the milk that needs to be separated - but it was too sweet

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
I want to try this but I'm wondering how long the coconut whipped cream stays whipped and thick on the cake? Doesn't it start "melting" after a while? Do you keep it refrigerated? I want to make it today and serve it Shabos afternoon.
Keeps in fridge for a day and will keep its volume this way.
It does not melt the same way whipped cream does.
I think the company I use is Roland's.

http://www.joyofkosher.com/201.....arve/

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:07 pm
I dunno, I have heard you can whip the solid part of coconut milk so I keep buying every kosher brand of coconut milk I can find and they almost never have a solid part, and when finally one did it wouldn't whip. Total flop.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:13 pm
seeker wrote:
I dunno, I have heard you can whip the solid part of coconut milk so I keep buying every kosher brand of coconut milk I can find and they almost never have a solid part, and when finally one did it wouldn't whip. Total flop.

you MUST let it sit in the refrigerator upsidedown for 24 hours - this way the water/milk separates from the fatty coconut cream - flip over the can before opening & pour out the liquid

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:32 pm
Like I said, I read all the tricks and only one can produced cream - and that one didn't whip. So I'm pretty fed up. Waste of time and money, and expectations.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:34 pm
gotcha - so do what I did ... freeze it & scoop over cake like ice cream
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking