Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What color tablecloth do you use for shabbos and yom tov?
1  2  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 4:42 pm
Just wondering, do you use a colored tablecloth or a standard white tablecloth for shabbos and yom tov?

cnc

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 4:58 pm
I use ivory.
I don't like stark white.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:01 pm
cnc wrote:
I use ivory.
I don't like stark white.

Same. We've used different shades of ivory, ecru, beige and other golden colors over the years.

luppamom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:04 pm
I have a silver table cloth w/ a white runner, use the runner occasionally and a gold/brown table cloth. I had enough of white table clothes. They get stained too quickly and I like the gold and silver ones better!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:07 pm
I have white, goldish, and blackish/green. We usually use the goldish because that's the one that fits my table the best, but when I make it bigger, we use the white. the blackish/green I made, but hardly ever use, but I made it to match my dishes.

pause

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:08 pm
white

cm

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:27 pm
All sorts of colors to match the decor. I have white for when I'm feeling "traditional" (in quotes because I was not raised with that tradition).

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:32 pm
White, red or silver

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:33 pm
OP here: We have always used a white tablecloth but we recently bought a new couch, which is a saddle/brown color. Our table is brown as well. Our old couch was white, so the white tablecloth worked. My dining room/living room is in one, so that is why I want the tablecloth to work with the couch. I was just wondering if using a brown tablecloth would be shabbosdig. I am so used to using the white one, but it knid of clashes with the new couch.

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:36 pm
You could always use a runner to dress it up if it doesn't look fancy enough.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 6:00 pm
White and brown are both neutral colors, don't see how they could clash. Although I can see where an ivory or beige might coordinate better.

I say it depends on your dishes.

I have a white tablecloth with cut-work - I believe it's called Wall of China. And I have a liner underneath to go with one of the colors on my china. Which also matches my walls (or vice versa). Same colors on my dining room chair seats and couch pillows. And I'm not saying what that color is.

But possibly now you know who I am. Because people tell me I'm the only person in the world who matches her china to her room decor.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 6:03 pm
To many, Shabbos = white and has nothing to do with the surrounding décor.

cm

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 6:08 pm
Consider a white or ivory lace or sheer overlay for the brown tablecloth. It might make the table look more festive.

Pink amother, my china also matches my decor.

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 7:15 pm
I use mostly white. Sometimes gold.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 7:23 pm
Deep cranberry red. And my Pesach tablecloth is navy blue.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 7:35 pm
I use WHITE as for tradition, nothing to do with matching as somebody before mentioned. BUT to add color I use nice colorful runners and matching napkins.

eschaya

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 9:00 pm
Cream, green, and pink. Depends on my mood.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:

But possibly now you know who I am. Because people tell me I'm the only person in the world who matches her china to her room decor.

And me! I repainted my dining room when I got new dishes.
I use any color I'm in the mood of. I don't like white because they stain easily and I find them too traditional.
I use navy, burgundy, light blue, brown, beige, silver, gold.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 10:30 pm
so where does everyone purchase their tablecloths from- any online suggestions?

twogees

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:27 pm
white. try closeoutconnection.com....we got one as a gift and bought one from there...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note