Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Moccasin/Loafer Shoe Trend - why schools demand them?
Previous  1  2  3

cm

Post Fri, Feb 19 2016, 5:14 pm
Saddlebrown, please chill.

Please speak to your pediatrician about shoes. You may be pleasantly surprised to learn that there are many developmentally appropriate choices for children's footwear.

If you do have factual information supporting your position that children must wear sneakers, take it to the school administration.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 2:45 pm
Ok now that's odd

spring13

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 11:37 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
sneakers and tights just don't look nice together , so even if it was allowed, how many girls would actually
Wear tights and sneakers?

How many girls would wear blue collared shirts buttoned to the neck tucked into navy pleated skirts if it wasn't the uniform? I'm pretty sure school uniforms aren't meant to make students feel stylish. And for little kids, how many of them would care if their mothers didn't make a big deal of it? Cute sneakers are cute.

I don't think sneakers are a requirement from a health perspective, but when I was a kid I would certainly have preferred to wear them regardless of how "nice" it looked. And the overall point is that Venettinis are not the only appropriate footwear for school, despite what so many people seem to think.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children