Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why must we CRY?!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 10:20 am
there's a story of a couple of gedolim that walked past har babayis ... they saw a fox emerge from the Kodesh ha'kedoshim ... Rabbi Gamliel, Rabbi Elazar ben Azaria, Rabbi Yehosua all started to cry because of the destruction. However Rabbi Akiva started to laugh - why? Because he saw that the same way the destruction was spoken of before it happened so too would the prophecy of Zecharia come true "old men and women will dwell in the streets of Yerushlaim ..." so while one sees the foxes another sees the beis Hamikdosh ...

While we are certainly not on Rabbi Akiva's holy level, we too as simple mortals must take our abilities that Hashem gave us to look to the good ... to speak good ... to do good ... to collaborate with one another in this time of geulah not just to speak of it; but rather to act upon it and bring MOSHIACH!!!

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 11:49 am
I think we need to do both, cry, because it is so horrific that another year has gone by and here we all are mourning and Hashem has not yet seen fit to bring the Moshiach.

But we must also have joy and belief that He will bring the Moshiach, and we will welcome the Moshiach, that the Moshiach could very well show up in the next minute...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics