Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Seeking a wedding venue in Jerusalem under 200 NIS pp
1  2  Next

anya1

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 9:51 am
Looking for a wedding venue in or around Jerusalem, ideally with a chupah that has a view or is scenic but not mandatory. We are not Haredi. Not interested in the halls in Givat Shaul and the like. Less then 200 NIS per person for maximum 300 people.

Ideas?

Last edited by anya1 on Tue, Feb 23 2016, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

ultraweds

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 10:02 am
Prima Palace (next to Davidka) sounds perfect for what you'd be looking for!
The chuppa has no view but it fits all your other specifications.

anya1

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 10:21 am
Interesting but looks like it may be for smaller weddings:

https://www.prima-hotels-israe.....vents

water_bear88

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 10:32 am
I've heard the views from the hall in Mitzpe Yericho are gorgeous (I haven't been, but dh has been to a couple of weddings there). I think it's also supposed to be a little cheaper than Jerusalem wedding halls, but their site's down so I can't check.

If you have some flexibility with when the wedding is, you can find slightly lower prices. Friday morning, for example, is much less expensive than a Thursday evening. Winter prices are better than summer.

ultraweds

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 10:33 am
They are very israeli - 280 means 330 :s
We got married there with 310 invited guests, about 330 people came to the dinner and the hotel had set out an extra 2 tables on each side anticipating this...
Its worth calling them if you're interested - im not sure how up to date their website is...
(other points I really liked - there's a nice amount of dancing space, amazing acoustics for music, and its down stairs - so off the road and other hotel guests are not walking by...)

anya1

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 10:46 am
ultraweds wrote:
They are very israeli - 280 means 330 :s
We got married there with 310 invited guests, about 330 people came to the dinner and the hotel had set out an extra 2 tables on each side anticipating this...
Its worth calling them if you're interested - im not sure how up to date their website is...
(other points I really liked - there's a nice amount of dancing space, amazing acoustics for music, and its down stairs - so off the road and other hotel guests are not walking by...)

Thanks. I just called. They said they accommodate up to 450. What was the chupah like? How was the food? We don't like the standard super oily and salty fare. They gave me the names of 4 caterers. Also wondering how Haredi it is there. We are what you might call Hardal religious (though that doesn't exactly fit) and the chatan and kallah are more dati-leumi. We may have a few guests that aren't very religious or may even be secular. Matim?

Last edited by anya1 on Wed, Feb 24 2016, 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

anya1

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 10:48 am
water_bear88 wrote:
I've heard the views from the hall in Mitzpe Yericho are gorgeous (I haven't been, but dh has been to a couple of weddings there). I think it's also supposed to be a little cheaper than Jerusalem wedding halls, but their site's down so I can't check.

If you have some flexibility with when the wedding is, you can find slightly lower prices. Friday morning, for example, is much less expensive than a Thursday evening. Winter prices are better than summer.

Mitzpe Yericho is for sure the best deal. We've done a wedding there. It's considerably cheaper then comparable places elsewhere and everything is included in the price. The minus is the distance. It can take an hour to get there from the center of Jerusalem in rush hour and longer for guests coming from outside Jerusalem.

EBY

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 12:39 pm
Curious why you don't want the halls in givat shaul?

Also look into Bayit Vegan guest house

anya1

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 12:51 pm
EBY wrote:
Curious why you don't want the halls in givat shaul?

Also look into Bayit Vegan guest house

The halls in GS aren't really our style, unless there's something in particular I'm not aware of. The places we saw in the past had the chupah overlooking factories or in a parking lot and it was noisy and not so nice. We prefer something along the lines of Mizpe Yericho or Ramat Rachel, which we are considering. RR is a bit pricey for us even if it's a good price compared to other similar places. We aren't Haredi if that helps.

I called the Bayit Vegan guest house today and am waiting for them to get back to me. What's it like there?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 1:01 pm
did you try the halls in talpiot? there are a few their I think my brother got married in palace

anya1

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 1:12 pm
amother wrote:
did you try the halls in talpiot? there are a few their I think my brother got married in palace

No. Haven't looked at Talpiot. Would be grateful for recommendations.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 2:44 pm
I got married in the Tamir near Har Hachotzfim. They have two halls, I think 400 and 600 people. We had our own caterer. The chuppa area is pleasant. We had the smaller hall which is farther from the road. It is possible to rent both halls for a large event.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 10:25 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I got married in the Tamir near Har Hachotzfim. They have two halls, I think 400 and 600 people. We had our own caterer. The chuppa area is pleasant. We had the smaller hall which is farther from the road. It is possible to rent both halls for a large event.

If they are not charedi, I would not recommend the Tamir. For example, I am guessing that they might want to have a few (if not all) mixed seating tables. Unlikely you can do that at he Tamir. Also, I believe that for catering, you can only have bd"zt eidah chareidi, (not even rabbanut mehadrin) which is also more limiting.

I got married at the Tamir and remember how we couldn't have coca-cola--- we had to have Pepsi-- because Coke is under Rav landau, which you can't have at the Tamir!

ultraweds

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 5:09 am
'Thanks. I just called. They said they accommodate up to 450. What was the chupah like? How was the food? We don't like the standard super oily and salty fare. They gave me the names of 4 caterers. Also wondering how Haredi it is there. We are what you might called Hardal religious and the chatan and kallah are more dati-leumi. We may have a few guests that aren't very religious or may even be secular. Matim?'

It looks like other good suggestions have come up but to answer the above - the chuppa - I thought - was beautiful! Smile But it wasn't scenic - there's an option to have the chuppa in the front - nicer - or the back - not as much... I didn't eat a thing , BUT we got so many compliments on the food! so it must have been good! We used one of the 4 caterers I had got as a recommendation - I cant remember the name - I can find out if you'd be interested. Typically id imagine due to the location and hechsher there's a more chareidi crowd - but chardal and dati-leumi would fit fine and I know of a number of such weddings that have been there... Feel free to PM me if you'd like a few pics from our wedding taken there...

EBY

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 6:17 am
If you are willing to go as far as Mitspe Yericho, I would recommend looking at Shoresh and Maale Hachamisha as well. MH has a gorgeous outdoor chuppah but many people who get married there do offer a bus (it might still be a better price...)

We are DL but have lots of Chareidi family so from experience... Badatz halls do not generally allow mixed seating so you definitely need to ask about this

anya1

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 6:42 am
EBY wrote:
If you are willing to go as far as Mitspe Yericho, I would recommend looking at Shoresh and Maale Hachamisha as well. MH has a gorgeous outdoor chuppah but many people who get married there do offer a bus (it might still be a better price...)

We are DL but have lots of Chareidi family so from experience... Badatz halls do not generally allow mixed seating so you definitely need to ask about this

Thanks. Ramat Rachel is on our short list and it's more affordable then Shoresh or Maale HaChamisha, both of which I know are beautiful.

Most places will upgrade hashgachas but I never thought of the separate seating issue in Charedi places. That would be an issue as we'll probably have mixed seating.

EBY

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 8:00 am
Well what we were told is basically that if the hall itself has a Badatz hashgacha they won't allow mixed seating but if they are just bringing in the food and the hashgacha is on the food, but not the hall itself then we could have mixed seating.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 8:05 am
What about Leilot Knaan right out of beit shemesh? Its a beautiful gan iruim, stunning outdoor chupa and bar/shmorg and the the mai meal is in a huge ten with a dance floor and glass walls. I think its 180 pp

anya1

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
What about Leilot Knaan right out of beit shemesh? Its a beautiful gan iruim, stunning outdoor chupa and bar/shmorg and the the mai meal is in a huge ten with a dance floor and glass walls. I think its 180 pp

Is that the hall at Kibbutz Tzora? They quoted me 200 pp if they do the catering but said it's cheaper if we bring our own caterer.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 10:34 am
yes
that was the price with a private caterer
it is a big headache
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics