Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Would like your input
Previous  1  2

chani8

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 10:46 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
I understand your point, but where do I draw the line? Should I never ask them for anything because they might say no and be chutzpadik? The whole reason I got into this mess is because I never ask them for anything because they kvetch and cry and it drives me crazy. I feel that Part of being machanech my children is teaching them to be productive members of a household. I may be a little late, but better late than never. That's why I came on here to ask for ideas and opinions.

Actually you are not late, you are early. That's my opinion. Other people are good at getting their kids to do 'chores'. I see they gave you their ideas. If you can implement them, great.

I hear that you are overwhelmed and need help. To that, I totally understand. I had 5 close together and it was a lot of work.

And I did it all, or did it together with my kids. Most kids love to help mother if that means being together with her and having a nice talk at the same time. But telling a child to go do chores is the same as telling them to go play in the toy room. They want you. Use that to your advantage and let that be their reward.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children