Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Pls help me help my daughter

amother
Black

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 1:15 pm
my daughter is 15, Shes in 10 grade. She was in a school in 9th grade that she was placed in. It was too yeshivish and they made her life miserable. We took her out and sent her to a chabad school, where she is dorming. Shes not doing well there either. In school shes ok, but the dorm mother and 19 yo dorm counselors dont like her. Now she is not a bad girl, shes a hard worker, fun, sweet. But she has a hard time with tzinus and they have been realy bothering her about it. They are not helping her. I thonk my daughter needs help. I feel she is very angry and doesnt feel wanted or accepted. She has been so used to the schools being so negative to her. What do I do? she shouldnt be grouped with the girls that are off the derech, but with girls that just need the right push. In the right direction. without so much negativity. I thought this chabad school ould be a great fit. but they labeled her already. I need t have a solution, cuz I feel they are going to tell her to leave.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 1:42 pm
why don't you ask your rebbi what the next step is? or maybe you can have a talk w/ the dorm mother/counselor explain the situation to them, tell them my daughter is in a very fragile state now please look past her tznuis issues and give her positive attention. It may make a world of a difference. Tell them you know her problem and your trying to work on it. Most of the times when the parents work w/ the school/teachers or any school authority then they have a much better attitude towards the kids.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 1:45 pm
Send her to a mo school. She needs a positive environment and probably not to be harassed about tzniut for a bit. These are the kinds of things that make a kid go otd.

underthestars

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 1:48 pm
Are you able to tell us what country you are in to try to help you find more tachlis solutions?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children