Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Landlord issues

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 3:35 pm
Curious about what is legal/ normal... The landlord sends someone to fix something in the building and shuts off our water. No warning. I just want a 10 minute warning really! What if I was washing dishes? Taking a shower? I have a family and need to fill sippy cups and cook etc.

Landlord is not receptive. Wants me to call their handyman to get things fixed but he never returns our calls... I think I will call them directly but I hate speaking with them. Always a production...

Not in NY for what it's worth.

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 3:42 pm
I don't know what the law is, but I think it's normal to expect notice if it's a planned thing and they can post notices, or if they have a system where they can call with a message. Otherwise, in emergencies, I think they just do what they have to do.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 3:51 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
I don't know what the law is, but I think it's normal to expect notice if it's a planned thing and they can post notices, or if they have a system where they can call with a message. Otherwise, in emergencies, I think they just do what they have to do.

What is an emergency? Not hot water leaking or washer issues because it was in one tenant apartment and those are for the whole building. Is a leaky faucet enough?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics